Pioneer DEH-X8500DAB

Spike182

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently purchased this Car radio and its brilliant, however I am having issues with the DAB.

I have installed it all correctly and fitted the DAB antenna AN-DAB1 yet I am getting no signal on any channel what so ever, I did a 30 mile round trip with it searching and still got nothing, I know I should be getting signal in my area as I know of many people with dab in there car.

Any ideas? is this antenna good enough or would there be a better choice?

Cheers

Spike

Does your car have a heated or metallised windscreen? If so a windscreen mounted aerial won't work so you will have to get and external aerial.

DAB on Wheels have a good selection of aerials.

did you get anything resolved with this Spike? Im looking to purchase this headunit for my wife. Thanks

Hi,

I just recently purchased this Car radio and its brilliant, however I am having issues with the DAB.

I have installed it all correctly and fitted the DAB antenna AN-DAB1 yet I am getting no signal on any channel what so ever, I did a 30 mile round trip with it searching and still got nothing, I know I should be getting signal in my area as I know of many people with dab in there car.

Any ideas? is this antenna good enough or would there be a better choice?

Cheers

Spike

Hi,

Just a thought for you, try pressing the search button and selecting "ensemble" from here you should see a list, select BBC national and then try again. If you don't see this then maybe the antenna is duff. I use the Halfords recommended screen mounted type, seems to do a good job for under £20.

Also on a related note , I have one of these units too and was skeptical especially as one retailer described it as a complete pile of poo. Namely because users reported the "no signal" display with DAB.

I have been happily using mine for a few weeks when recently the DAB was on and off all the time. I took the facia off to insert an SD card and magically the DAB signal was back to normal. Don't ask me why but the same has happened 3 times now, by simply removing the facia and refitting, the DAB signal is restored.

I have worked as an engineer for many years and can't imagine the connection being anything to do with it, possibly this is a software issue, don't know or particularly care as I have a fix. Would like to hear from others and see if the same restores DAB. If this is the case then I'm happy to chat to pioneer and get their angle on it.

Hi,

Just a thought for you, try pressing the search button and selecting "ensemble" from here you should see a list, select BBC national and then try again. If you don't see this then maybe the antenna is duff. I use the Halfords recommended screen mounted type, seems to do a good job for under £20.

Also on a related note , I have one of these units too and was skeptical especially as one retailer described it as a complete pile of poo. Namely because users reported the "no signal" display with DAB.

I have been happily using mine for a few weeks when recently the DAB was on and off all the time. I took the facia off to insert an SD card and magically the DAB signal was back to normal. Don't ask me why but the same has happened 3 times now, by simply removing the facia and refitting, the DAB signal is restored.

I have worked as an engineer for many years and can't imagine the connection being anything to do with it, possibly this is a software issue, don't know or particularly care as I have a fix. Would like to hear from others and see if the same restores DAB. If this is the case then I'm happy to chat to pioneer and get their angle on it.
Update on the above report. Removing the facia stopped working after a week. To cure i completely disconnected the unit from the car and DAB has been outstanding since. Speaking to Pioneer they suggest that the earth foil should be connected to bare bodywork and not painted as the antenna manufacturer said. It makes sense as possibly the power may become unstable unless grounded properly. If the signal goes again i plan to try modifying the gnd connection as suggested. If it does i will report back.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom