Pioneer Deh-p70bt Wma/mp3/wav/cd Bluetooth Rds Tuner

mediamogul

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i quite like the look of this unit,has anyone got one or can recommend one? I have been looking at prices from £399 fitted locally to £259+£9.45 p/p on the net.Anyone know of a cheaper one anywhere? Why such a big difference in price? Thanks in advance for your help. Bit of a newbie in this field!

I had the Pioneer DEH P80, not that model but similar, they do have problems with the motorised faceplate. I would wait a few months, look around the forums to get some sort of feedback...

I have one, I got it from a guy on eBay for £250 and installed it myself (dead easy!!) I think it is brilliant, it sounds very nice, and the Bluetooth works fantastic (I have a SE W800) The only issue I have is the volume/selection knob is an absolute design travesty. whoever came up with it needs shooting!! you turn the knob to adjust volume, but it also acts like a joystick for track selection/ folder selection on an MP3 disc and it is truley the most awkward thing to use!! Thankfully Pioneer have included a remote control with this unit so you rarely have to use the stupid knob!! Other than that, I can't sing its praises enough!!!

I've had one for about 6 weeks in my Citroen C4. Dead easy to install, although the iPod adapter was a bit more complicated - there's a power output from the HU, but you have to connect into the earth with bullet connectors. iPod's hard to navigate, but is fine with Playlists. Bluetooth works well with my 6680, but you have to transfer the phonebook item by item. Sound quality is better from a CD with MP3s/AACs than from the iPod. But it's a great HU, really pleased with it.

I got one of these on Friday - was only a couple weeks old and got a nice deal on it.

My first self-install so had a couple of questions but managed to get it figured out in the end.

Very impressed with the unit so far. I like the tuner and the cd player. Like the Aux-input - I've connected my iPod to it and am delighted with the sound quality. Having used an iTrip for the last 2 years I'm enjoying it :)

Only gripe is the way my Nokia 6310i works with the (bluetooth) phone. Having to transfer the phone book one-by-one with connecting-disconnecting the bluetooth connection is a pain in the arse. Then I find that the names are displaying surname first which is VERY annoying.

Would like to get a slightly larger surround/fascia for the unit and preferably in black. There's a bit of a gap around the corners between the clip-on surround and the wood on the Merc dashboard. Somehow I don't think I'm going to find that.

I'm going to have to get used to removing the faceplate. Been a long time since I had to do that.

... maybe it's time to get a new phone :devil:

Now. I have found one problem and it's annoying.
Using the bluetooth connection with my Nokia 6310i is basicaly straightforward. It always auto connects and I can take incoming calls with no problem, I can make outgoing calls too no problem with my most important numbers saved to the 6 presets on the front of the headunit.

problem : people on the other end of the call can hardly hear me. I've mounted the microphone just above me at the sun-visor. There is a high pitched noise and so-on which makes the hands-free unusable.

I'll bet this is something simple Is it possible that the microphone is picking up interference from something ? Or is the fault with my 'phone ?

I did have a problem where I was getting screetching type noises that the person on the other end could hear. I sorted it by moving my phone further away from the head unit. I initially had the phone sitting by the handbrake but now have it in my right hand pocket.
This stopped the interference.
I love the head unit, Its worth the money just for the Bluetooth phone bit.

Ps. I thought the phonebook transfer worked superbly (I have a SE K700i).

I've tried moving the phone - it's not like a 'screeching' though. More like interference.
I'll try removing the head unit tomorrow to see if the mic cable is somehow picking up interference.

The phonebook problem is something peculari to the Nokia which makes me suspect the bluetooth implementation on the 6310i isn't all it should be.

sure enough that fixed it : the microphone cable was taped with some power and the antenna cables. soon as i freed it and made sure it wasn't so close to those cables the interference disappeared.

I've recently bought the pioneer deh-p70bt to go in a 307 (2001 model) Everytime I turn the ignition off, the head unit loses it's memory. I understand it's something to do with the ignition and permanent live connections being crossed, does anyone know which 2 wires need switching round?

Yes, there are two 'positive' feeds to the head unit. One is a permanent 'always on' feed and the other only supplies power when the ignition is turned on. The 'always on' feed ensures that there is a small current going to the head unit and the memory is kept (radio stations etc etc)

On some cars these two are reversed on the ISO cabling. You'll notice on the wiring that comes with this head unit (and many others) that you can swap the two connections - it's mentioned in the installation manual.

it's also possible (if you search for my other posts on how I installed this head unit) that your ISO wiring doesn't have both of the positive feeds. On my Mercedes this was the case : I was getting the 'always on' feed and I could have just connected this by bridging it to both the 'always on' and 'ignition' inputs to the head unit. So long as I didn't leave the head unit turned on I wouldn't drain the battery (draining the battery is the reason for the 'ignition' feed and is the reason head units turn off when you turn off your car engine).

I needed to find an 'ignition' supply and wire it into the head unit. Didn't take too long once I knew where to find one. I was able to take a feed from the cigarette lighter and use that.

I found that having a simple voltmeter/current tester made this work easier.

Hi all.

Ive just bought the Pioneer Deh-p70bt and I think its great. The only thing I dont quite understand is the wired microphone.. kinda stupid solution, wire ?!

Anyway, I not sure where to put it, I asume its going in to my cellphone.. Ive got nokia n70 so the minijack dont fit. :\

Does anyone know of any other NOT wired microphones thats compatible to a cellphone ? Or some other microphones thats compatible with n70 ?

:rotfl: read the install instructions

The microphone is connected to the head unit and forms part of the handsfree phone kit that is built into the head unit.

the bluetooth connection takes care of transfer of audio between the microphone

Hi, thanks for your reply. ive of course read the manuel, but I didnt get any smarter.
Head unit ? Am I missing something.. I got a remote control and a wired microphone along in my package...

Anyone use this headunit with a SE K750i?
I used to use it with the K700i and it worked perfect but with the 750
it refuses to let me hear people speaking when its an incoming call.
If I call out it works fine.
I havent figured out if its the head unit or phone thats playing up though.

029kid said:
aha.. behind the stereo ? :p
sorry mate couldn't resist having a giggle at your expense

yeah - the microphone is connected at the rear of the stereo (head unit) and you'll notice there's plenty of cable on it. You can run the cabling around the car behind some of the fascia and trim so that it appears just over your head near the visor.

using bluetooth (you'll have to read the details in the manual - it's quite convoluted at first) you partner your phone with the head unit. now your phone will think you've got a standard bluetooth headset and you can make/receive calls via the head unit. when a call comes in the head unit will switch to 'phone and the caller will hear you via the microphone and you'll hear the caller via the speakers in your car.

try to get the microphone as near to you as possible because callers have complained to me that I (sometimes) sound very very far away.

lol man, my fault. You see I did not install this stereo, the VW shop did. Someone broke into my car a couple of weeks ago, and I told the insurance company that they stole the p70bt, so I got a fresh new pioneer.
And then I thought they installed in correctly, but I quess not ;)

Ive fixed it now, works great!

Hi,

Been looking for a BT hands free + headunit, which lead me to the Pioneer discussed in this thread.
Are there any headunits with the same sort of specs (BT, CD/MP3) out there, possibly for a bit less money?

I have found a couple cheap ones, but the spec and built quality aren't great at all, a Parrot, and goodmans for under £80.
So was wondering if there is anything in between.

I though this sort of concept would be a lot more popular, was surprised that there are do few models out there, as far as I know.

Thanks

A parrot for £80, where?

If they're normal phone kist are anything to go by thats a real bargain. I'd want to try it myself.

Can someone tell me how to search FAST forward/backward with pioneer stereos ? I mean when im searching it searches for like 2-3 secs.. takes forever to search long albums

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom