1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DEH-P3600 MP

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by agw_01, Dec 2, 2004.

1. agw_01

agw_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Got my first car on Saturday :)

It's an M reg Rover 214 SEi.

I'm getting the above headunit for Christmas from my mum, and am not sure what connector layout it uses.

I currently have the standard Rover cassette HU fitted. Is it the same plug, or will I have to purchase an ISO adapter? Also, can anyone give me any hints on how to get the standard HU out, as on all the previous units I've tried to remove, I've never been able to manage it :(

Thank you :)

2. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    the pioneer and your rover both have iso connectors so it will go straight in. to get your standard radio out get so din stereo release keys. the rover stereo may have plastic tabs covering the holes either side of the stereo if so remove these. insert the release keys and pull them apart which will release the retaining springs. when they are fully compressed pull the stereo out, disconnect the wiring and remove the metal cage. dont forget to do this last bit as if you don't you cant fit the new stereo cage. hope this helps

3. agw_01

agw_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey jtf, thanks for the reply.

That's good to hear about the ISO connectors. Any ideas where I can get the release keys from? Should I take the car to Halfords and ask them to remove the radio... perhaps say I'm thinking of getting a HU from there and want to dispose of the old HU ;)

I had an idea you had to press the tabs either side of the HU, but have never managed to do so before when using screwdrivers to press the individual notches.

As for the metal cage, will the Pionner come with a suitable cage, or will it just sit on its own in the mounting point?

Thanks again. :)