• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer DEH-7100BT iPhone playback cuts off?

DirectiveFour

Anyone know of or had this problem?

I connect my iPhone to the USB connection of the stereo, sometimes it wont find it at all and says check usb, but most the time it finds it, I see the charge symbol on the phone, and I can see all my music on the stereo. It will play for about 10 seconds then the sound goes off altogether.

Radio is ok CD's etc but no sound when pressing source to go back to the iphone, still reads the music and I can skip tracks etc

Im using the Pioneer CD-IU50 cable

t84

I have the exact same problem, I press shuffle, and after a few tracks it displayed STOP on screen and I have to reshuffle again to get it working...

DirectiveFour

Just an update on this, Bluetooth worked fine which made me think it was the usb connection but for some reason whilst on USB source my iPhone would randomly change to BT audio, once changed back to dock on the iphone it was ok. Swapped the stereo now anyway for a AVH-P3100DVD which Im very impressed with

nmw

Yeah, mine's the same. I think it switches audio output to BT as soon as it pairs with the phone. It's a pain having to switch output back to USB every time...

idbirch

As nmw says, this happens at exactly the second the bluetooth pairs. I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB to get the USB audio to work again (or wait for the bluetooth to pair and then connect the USB).

I emailed a bug report to Pioneer about this a few months ago but after 2 weeks of waiting, they replied suggesting I buy their official USB cable which was rather annoying.

I think I'll try again and reference this thread (even though I already told them I have 2 friends with the same head unit and they all do it already).

nmw

I don't think it's the fault of the Pioneer HU. It's just a "feature" of the iPhone. It selects the most recent connection as the current output device. So, when the BT connection is made this is the most recent, and the iPhone switches output to the BT audio connection.

This does make it easier to get it back to the USB output - just cycle the HU input until it comes back to the USB input your phone's connect to. This is then the most recent connection and the iPhone switches back to that output. It only require 4 quick presses on the input selection button on the HU. Still a nuisance, but much simpler than changing the output device in the media player on the iPhone.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom