Pioneer DCS313

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by deeney21, Apr 15, 2004.

1. deeney21

deeney21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm fairly new to home cinema and working on a limited budget.
    I have been advised that a good starting system would be the pioneer dcs313 all in one package. can anyone shed any light on this, is it any good value for money or on the other hand any one who dislike this product please say why would really appreciate some advice before i part with my money.

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,349
    How big is your living room? If it's big, you may find it struggles to fill it...

3. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I just set one of these up for a friend of mine, for an all in one system it is quite good, and the picture quality is fantastic.

It also looks very nice.

It is VERY deep though, so you may need to make sure it fits ok on your TV stand/rack. It will struggle in a larger than average room though.

4. deeney21

deeney21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    living room is fifteen ft Squared. will it fill that ok for the same kind of money is there anything else that would be better have seen pioneer system for £220 multi region

5. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hmm, at first I was uncertain, deeney; but having just increased the volume on my 303, I think you'll be okay.

This, the 313s predecessor, is easily capable (once noted in a review) of filling a reasonably large room - as I've just been reminded. :D

I'm listening in a 10' x 10' room and this little box is happy to drive the speakers to ear and head-splitting levels (er, I mean that in a good way!). The 303's volume is graduated up to '50' (or 'MAX', as it becomes). When free of migraine and in the right mood, the highest setting that I can comfortably view at is '26' - though I reach that volume very rarely, as it can still be too loud, on occasion.

I should add that I have rather 'toned down' the Pioneer's settings (particularly the sub's output), so there's still potential for mucho volume... o. :cool:

I realise the 303 is a little different to this mini box of magic, but perhaps it'll serve as a guide until someone with a 313 can provide some feedback.

If it helps any, the unit's dimensions (I just searched Pioneer's site) are 420 x 70 x 403.5 mm. That's listed as width x height x depth. I realise that you haven't mentioned it; but if it is important, I'd check, as the 303 is a little deeper than it is wide.

Ooo, just remembered!

There's a chance that you can grab the 313 for rather less! Just a couple of days ago, 'Skeeter' included mention of a quote for the 313 of £189. Perhaps a search for his posts and a question via PM or the forum could prove useful...?

Hope that's helpful.

6. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    My mate bought the 313 for £181 from Richer Sounds!