1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer dcs313 or 515???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by susan26uk2003, May 26, 2004.

1. susan26uk2003

susan26uk2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my dcs 313s fan is so noisy and my speakersa make a popping noise so i called store to complain..they dont havbe any in stock so they said they will replace with a dcs 515 or they will order me in 313...so my question is ..is the 515 as good as the 313???...i have only had 313 about 3 weeks and love the sound..(although still not sure when to use advanced surround)any info on that appreaciated also..as i watch dvds with dolby digital 3,2,1 and i alo put on adv surround power...is that correct..anyway you guys please let me know if the 515 is better than 313...or should i just stick to 313??????

2. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally i dont like the look of the 515 cos its a 2 in 1 back speaker which i cant see giving u a decent surround sound at the back compared to the 2 seperate back speakers of the 313. The fan on mine is rather quiet (sp). And i dont get poping noise on speakers so u must have a faulty one and a replacement should be fine when u get it. Althouhg its upto u, u can ask for a demo of the 515 to see what its like for u or ask if u can take back the 313 if u dont like it after a week (the replacement back i mean) and get the 515 if u want.

Good luck and sorry to hear u had a problem with it. :(