1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DCS303 Sound Quality

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by toshdummy, Jul 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. toshdummy

toshdummy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I decided to buy the Pioneer DCS303 @ £219.00 + free delivery. I'm new to this type of stuff, so I've connected it up and all seems to be working fine. Movies sound great as does music, but on channels like Sky News & Sky Sports News the vocal quality is awful, sounds real screechy and not clear. Has anybody else come accross this? Or any ideas what I can try? Thanks for any replies. :rolleyes:

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Is the sky box connected via phonos to the DCS303 or via the television? Sometimes through the television it can be distorted due to the way the television processes the sound.

However its also possible and more probable that you have a sky box with a volume control on the remote and its on high volume. Set it to middle volume which should output a normal 1v peak to peak signal I think and this should hopefully clear up the distortion.

3. toshdummy

toshdummy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help, it sounds fine now. I would never have thought of that one. :confused: :laugh: