1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DCS-424 Reviews

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by krupatel, Sep 2, 2004.

1. krupatel

krupatel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone had first hand experience of this system?

I'm particularly interested in if the 3-spot speaker system really works. I am considering purchasing this for my forthcoming Panny TH42PE30B.

Your views both positive and negative greatly welcomed.

cheers

Kru

2. Darren Batty

Darren Batty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Kru,

Still no replies ??, looks like your having just as much luck as I am trying to find a reveiw on the JVC THSW9

If you take the plung on either system let me know ........ my purchase is a couple of moths off yet so I'm going to hold out for a reveiw of either system before I buy

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It works to a degree but there are two problems with the system you are planning. You're screen is much better than the player you are planning and the quality of surround on the pioneer isn't really to the same scale as the picture the Plasma will show. I would consider the Kef Kit100 @ £1200 as it is a good DVD player much closer to the standard and the surround is pretty good considering! (Also you don't have to worry about a centre speaker!)

4. krupatel

krupatel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the info. KEF is out of my league, although I do see your point about standards....

Am now considering the JVC TH-SW9, like Darren, as this has progressive scan and wireless rears (yes I know wireless rears are not as good as wired and can be intrupted by furniture/people etc).

Reviews would be helpful for this system please!

Cheers

Kru