1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer dcs-303 freezing during playback

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by kensigreen, May 22, 2005.

1. kensigreen

kensigreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all :hiya:

Hoping someone came help,

I have a Pioneer DCS303 which I have been very happy with for a couple of years, however it has recently started to stop playing part though playing dvds. Its after around 40 mins of play back, the picture freezes for a second and the the playback stops.

I have seen a couple of posts that suggest the layer change can cause this however I can re start the dvd (back at the beginning i.e. does not resume) and skip chapters to a point well past the first freeze and it will do the same thing after playing a couple of mins, the more I try the quicker the freeze happens. The only thing that allows me to get further through a film is to switch of completly for a decent length of time and then hope I can finish the film in the next 40 odd mins before it all starts again.

It suggests something is overheating however it will play music and mp3s on cdrs all day every day :confused:

It would be a shame to bin it as it does the job for me but I sick of being up till past midnight trying to get through a film! :eek:

Any ideas would be apprciated, i'm not handy with electronics but would have a go at cleaning etc if this may help.

Many thanks

2. locutus

locutus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to say mine DSC-303 did this too and I had to resort to a new dvd player.
    It started off occasionally but got worse and worse. Shame really as it was a lovely bit of kit. In fact at the moment it is still being used as an amp until I buy a new one