Pioneer DC313

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by craigizmo2k2, Apr 25, 2004.

1. craigizmo2k2

craigizmo2k2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I've had one of these for about 2 weeks now and im throughly impressed by the sound quality compared to my previous seperates.

I have a pair of Eltax Jupiter 5 speakers which I am considering swapping with the current pioneer speakers.

Now I know that the Pioneer has quite a hefty output, but I want to know if the eltax speakers will damage the amplifying stage on the receiver.

The impedence on the eltax speakers is 4-8 ohms and the power is:
    "Music Power - 90 Watt
    Sinus Power - 60 Watt"

TIA.

2. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats wrong with the current ones?

3. craigizmo2k2

craigizmo2k2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well to be honest, nothing, but its a shame to leave a pair of speakers under a bed when they could be doing a job! :D

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Worth trying and I'm pretty sure they'll be ok power wise. I think the Pioneer delivers 75 watts per channel into 6 ohms. Don't be surprised if the Pioneers sound better though as they are matched to the system. Don't get me wrong the eltax ones should sound better but the pioneer speakers are pretty good.

5. craigizmo2k2

craigizmo2k2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh no mate i'm not taking it that way, the Pioneer speakers sound great, and I may try out the eltax speakers at the weekend :)

6. jipsta

jipsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, not meaning to hi-jack the thread could anyone here explain the diff between...

MUSIC Power &
    SINUS Power

...as I'm looking to buy some front tower floorstanders for my Sony STR-DB930 and dont want to damage any components in it. Sorry for jumping in but I did a search for "sinus power" and this thread came up. :D Any help would be grately appreciated.

7. denis1501

denis1501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi craigizmo2k2,
    I also have the 313, very interested to know what settings you're using to get the best sound.Also what do you have the speakers set at??
    regards
    D.