Pioneer DBR-TF100GB - odd colours with S-video output

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by alanfcross, Mar 16, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a refurb Pioneer DBR-TF100GB from RS - they tried to sell it to me as a new one till I spotted the stickers!
    Works fine with RGB out and composite from the TVout socket, but S-video shows limited and strange colouring. The image is mostly grey with odd bits of colour here and there, mostly in areas of high saturation. I've checked the S-video input on my plasma with another source (different cable, requires S-V to S-V), and it's fine.
    I've buzzed out the cable (Nikkai SCART/S-V with a bi-directional switch) and it's fine with the switch in the right position.
    If I had got no colour at all, I would suspect that there was something wrong with S-V/composite selection in the menu, or with the choice of chrominance pin in the SCART. But because I get 'bad colour' I suspect that the wiring is right and that the problem is with the FV box.

Anyone seen this? Is it me?

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not familiar with the exact equipment, but it's possible that the s-video is sharing the same outputs as the rgb. In this case it is necessary to switch output from RGB to s-video. There may be a menu to switch between the two.

3. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I've done that. The options are RGB, composite and S-video. It's going back to RS tomorrow!

4. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like it's faulty then. Only other thing I can think of is looking for an NTSC/PAL switch/menu. Normally NTSC to a PAL tv gives a hazy B&W picture - sometimes you get bits of pink too.