1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer CD Mega Changer?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by garrad, Aug 11, 2003.

1. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm looking at buying the following:

Pioneer PD-F1009 301 Disc Hi-Fi CD Player

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/images/products/multicdplayer/pioneer/1011866544651pdf1009_detailpage.jpg

This is a slightly newer model of the more expensive 1007 which does have a keyboard input but the 1009 does not suffer from the memory loss the 1007 has. I've chosen this over the Sony multi changers because i've read some bad reviews where the sony's can sometimes put the discs back in the wrong number.

Any comments? Oh and an mp3 based unit is no good, I have 300+ cd's and will be using optical out.

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,547
    i have the 1007, but mine does NOT have the keyboard input!??!

But its never suffered from memory loss, and i use the optical output to my MF 24-bit DAC.

3. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    I used a Sony 355 for a couple of weeks before upgrading to a pair of 455s. In this limited time the units have all behaved as they should. If you want any specific info on these units please ask away - you won't get any sense from anyone at Sony!

5. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Have not listened to the Pioneer but read decent reviews, I had thought about buying one. I use a 20 Gig Nomad Jukebox 3 for well Jukebox duties, I currently have 120 albums on there and Have filled 3/5 of the drive but I do use Variable bit rate at 100% quality so the files are about 3-4 times bigger than the standard 128K, sound quality is good and the best thing is the flexibility of the play functions, you can have as many different play lists as you want and transition is seamless when in shuffle mode (it buffers the data so no discs to change), If you definitely want optical then this is not an option but don’t dismiss MP3 on storage grounds. I think there are also 40Gig options available.