For Sale Pioneer BDP-LX88 Blu-ray Player

Skyrider

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
FOR SALE: Pioneer BDP-LX88 Blu-ray player, complete with all original accessories & packaging.

Excellent condition throughout, no damage or blemishes.

BDP-LX88_1.jpg
BDP-LX88_2.jpg

Price and currency
£395
Delivery cost included
Delivery is NOT included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Advertised elsewhere
Payment method
PayPal (UK registered account holders only, please.) Bank transfer.

Attachments

Last edited:

sgpetrie

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
I am tempted by this blu ray player although actually mainly to play mkv and mp4 files from USB HDD and via DLNA network as my Denon DVD-A1UD no use for this - not sure if the Pioneer player is perhaps too good for this!! I currently have a very cheap Sony blu ray player to play from USB HDD and DLNA and it does work well but wonder how much better performance would be from the Pioneer. Is the player multi region for DVDs? Not worried about blu rays but I've got a few region 1 DVDs. Also, does the You Tube app still work? Thanks

Skyrider

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Thank you for your enquiry.

Your Denon machine is pretty formidable, it's a shame that you can't use it for those files.

I can't really say how the Pio would compare with your Sony player, but in my book there is no such thing as 'too good' ;) You do have a choice of audio output: HDMI/Digital/Analog (2 channel), if that is of interest.

The player is standard Region 2 for DVD/Region B for BD. It can be modified to make it region free, there is at least one firm in the UK currently offering to do this for £165. I did consider doing this at one point, but eventually decided against it.

I can't answer your question regarding the YouTube app, I have never used it myself. The player has been removed from my system, but if this is critical to you, I can reinstall it & investigate...

Cheers.

Last edited:

sgpetrie

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've always been really happy with my Denon A1UD player - bought it when it was almost new and it still performs really well along with my KRP600 TV but just a pity it is too old to offer any useful USB / DLNA support hence looking to augment it with a second player. The Sony 3700 works surprisingly well but have been intrigued to try one of the Pioneer blu ray players. They are certainly much better built and I like them having a screen. However, it obviously needs to perform the USB and DLNA functions really well in order for my to justify buying one.
I have been reading the LX88 manual and have found a potential surprising omission in the spec - there is nothing saying it can play m2ts files. I've ripped a number of my home blu ray recorded discs in m2ts format so it's essential that any player I purchase can play m2ts files.
I have just sent Pioneer an e-mail (surprisingly, there is no mention of playing m2ts files in the newer UPD-LX800 either). Hopefully they will get back to me soon.
I certainly remain interested but need to continue some research first to see if the player will do everything I need it to (hopefully it will!!)
Obviously I totally understand if someone makes an offer on the player in the meantime - will keep an eye on the thread and see what Pioneer say.

sgpetrie

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
Meant to say also thanks for clarification re the multi region. It's a pity it's not multi region for DVD as that would have been another good selling point for me!!! However, main thing is to get clarification re using external HDDs and playback file formats supported. Will continue my research!!!

Skyrider

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Good luck: I am endlessly researching this kind of thing myself, it's not always easy to find the answer.

Hope Pioneer can settle it for you...

sgpetrie

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
Many thanks - it can all get rather confusing!!!! Have had a couple of issues with things not being compatible in the past so always try to do research now especially when I need things to do a specific function. It does take up a quite a bit of time!! Anyway, will see what they say and see how things go.....

Skyrider

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Gives us something to do during lockdown, I suppose 😈

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom