Pioneer BDP-LX70A

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by scoobysmiff, Feb 1, 2009.

1. scoobysmiff

scoobysmiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Are they any good, well what i mean is - I realise they are a bit older now but would it be any better than the Pioneer BDP-51FD which is a current up to date model

2. kingfats

kingfats
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,002
    Go for the 51. :smashin:

3. scoobysmiff

scoobysmiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Thanks for that KOF :smashin:

Is there any chance you could expand your reason as to why I should choose the 51 :thumbsup:

4. malcolmk

malcolmk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I have a 70A (as well as a 91) so this may be the one thing where I know as much as KF. :)

The 70A has been a very reliable player for me and I was well pleased with it. It has fewer disc compatibility issues than my 91. I've not been able to do a side by side comparison with the 51 (though I have a friend with the 51 so I've seen it quite often) and I don't think the 70A gives any worse an image than the 51. It is better built and has one major extra - DLNA compliance. But apart from that it is all downhill.

It takes around twice the time to load a disc, poorer menu interface with fewer features and as it almost certainly sold in much smaller quantities than the 51 may lose firmware support sooner.

Not for the first time I find myself agreeing with KF. It's price dependent of course. If you can get the 70A for half the price of the 51 then it would be worth considering, but at anything near its original RRP; forget it.

5. kingfats

kingfats
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,002
    Just the better overall model :smashin: faster,better spec and more firmware support. :)
    Cheers.

6. scoobysmiff

scoobysmiff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Cheers all, decision made then. Just need to find somewhere i can buy one at a good price from now, would also like it if they could supply tax free as well because i live in Germany, any ideas?