For Sale Pioneer BDP-LX58 - Region free blu ray player, BD.iso / 3D.iso playback, better than Oppo.

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by DaMacFunkin, Nov 18, 2016.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    ***edit now reduced in price to help cover postage, Parcel Force will collect this item and deliver for £23.14, so i can now offer delivery, please add this amount to final balance***
    Hello, please find for sale my treasured Pioneer, i am truly gutted to have to sell this but without the sob story i'm currently on SSP from work so everything is potentially for sale.
    In my opinion this is the finest quality blu ray player ever made (except for its bigger brother LX88 maybe) and yes i have owned an Oppo darbee previously and this enhances a lot more naturally than the Oppo darbee does, and it's 4K scaling puts UHD blu ray players to shame.
    This Player also has custom firmware that cost $120, this enables you to playback BD.iso, 3D.iso, dvd.iso, with full menu's, it also plays MKV's with full HD audio including Atmos and DTS:X all from USB stick, USB hard drive or over the network, why people spend fortunes on Intel Nuc's is beyond me because this can do all that, better, because of all this i have rarely used the internal drive.
    Oh and it has Region switching for blu ray and DVD. it is in excellent condition and is fully boxed with the remote control.

I would prefer the buyer to collect, because of my current health it would be hard for me to get this beast to the post office.
    If the buyer would like it delivering we would have to get a price and sort terms for delivery out separately. The Boxed weight is 13kg!!!
    Any questions please ask.

p.s. excuse my sh***y iPhone photos LOL. IMG_0439.JPG IMG_0442.JPG IMG_0443.JPG

Price and currency: £370
    Delivery: Collection for free or Delivery at £23.14.
    Payment method: Cash on collection / Paypal.
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. sosen13

sosen13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hi. never considered pioneer actually , so sorry if this would be stupid question , but . . would it let hd audio passthrough so I use my denon to decode signal (if I'm correctly call it . this way I use my nvidia now ) , thx

3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hello the unit has 2 HDMI outputs you can either Output Video and HD audio to the Denon, then Pass the video from the Denon into your TV, please note if you are scaling to 4K (which i recommend) then all your cables and equipment would need to be HDMI 2.0 18gbs capable.
    OR!!! you can set it to output Video to your TV, scaled to 4K obviously and the HD audio through the other HDMI output to your Denon, this is primarily for people with AVR's that don't support HDMI 2.0, but it is also meant to keep the video path purer for optimal picture quality, this is how i have it wired.
    p.s. i have just sold my Nvidia Shield, in terms of picture quality it blows the shield away you would always have a decent 4K TV scale over the Shield, but not with this, the scaler is awesome, also the shield can't play full 1080p MVC 3D, this can.
    Thanks for your interest.

4. sosen13

sosen13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I'm not into 4k at all . what I need is play mkv (bluray rip) and flac files from external hdd with audio passthrough to let it being decoded by avr (if it makes sense ) .

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Does all that mate plays H264 and Flac fine, i have a VT50 in the bedroom and that TV looks awesome with this player.
    p.s. If you are waiting for 'flac' to show up on the front of your Denon when being bitstreamed, it doesn't, it just says Multi-In.

6. sosen13

sosen13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    multi in only available could mean it doesn't passthrough HD audio . . i need to find some info about it .
    thank you

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I think you will find that bitstreamed flac identify's itself as PCM, here is what i found with a little google:-

In response to Steven's added-on observation: "pcm_s16le" is ffmpeg's way of saying the audio format is LPCM, with each sample represented as a signed 16-bit integer, with each sample's bytes in little-endian order. With 44100 samples per second, times 2 channels (stereo), it works out to 1411 kilobits/second, which is just an indicator of how fat the audio data in the WAV is; it has no correlation to quality. In the FLAC, the audio data is described differently and the bitrate varies. But when the FLAC is played, it is decompressed to exactly the same LPCM audio data stream as in the WAV. – Mike Brown May 27 '13 at 18:48

Anyway, still for sale....

8. sosen13

sosen13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    ok, thank you very much. i start considering it as upgrade to nvidia now :p
    one more thing, sorry. have you tried to connect to it large usb3 drive and play large mkv files (over 40Gb)? i found some info that ntfs is not supported, in which case i would be definitely out. thank you

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I don't know what you mean by NTFS not being supported? It obviously has to support NTFS or you would be limited to files which are 4gb in size, most £D blu ray images are 50gb in size and have to be written to the Hard Drive in NTFS.
    Ive connected a 2TB USB3 drive and played 50gb blu ray iso and 50gb 3d iso files a lot and full blu ray rips with atmos audio in mkv format.
    It is very hard when you rip a blu ray to mkv, even with no compression to end up with a file over 40gb, most are only about 23gb.
    If you know of a blu ray that is that size when ripped to mkv, let me know, i will rip it and test it.

10. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Bumpety bumpety bump.

11. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Good morning campers.
    Still here.

12. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Hi mate . Does this unit play blu ray rips from a Nas server , ie Synology diskstation ?

13. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    With the full menu , i mean't to add

14. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Yes, with the current installed firmware it will playback full blu ray iso, 3D blu ray iso and DVD iso all with full menus from a Nas over SMB (windows network protocol) or any dlna enabled share if your network can handle it.
    If you wanted to playback via NFS (unix) I would have to flash the NFS specific firmware which isn't a problem it just means you trade USB hard drive access.

15. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Thanks for the reply , but didn't get a notification , i think you need to quote my comment . Thanks for the reply though . I usually accessed my Mede8er through Nfs , Is SMB a better option?

16. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    I'm really tempted , I recently purchased a Zappiti 4k player , Is This better ? As i'd have to sell that on . I mostly play files through my Nas server . Thanks

17. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    I'm watching the thread now , so i should hopefully get notifications :)

18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    No NFS is better there is less overhead, it is just that i always played my full blu ray rips back from USB hard drive, but the author says there is no room in the firmware for Samba (smb/cifs) dlna,usb and NFS, aparently NFS image mounting needs the same address as USB drive mounting (well that is what the japanese translation came out as) so he does 2 firmwares...
    1 - smb(cifs) - dlna - USB
    or..
    2. smb(cifs) - dlna - NFS

Thanks for your query, off for my tea

19. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    One more day then on the bay...

20. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    I know it's a bit less than your asking , but i could offer £300 collected buddy .

21. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    The Zappatti can play 4k files, this can't, it is a top top drawer blu ray player that has 5 stars in every serious review you can find, it has been modified at great cost to play disk images and rips from hard drive and network, as well as be region free and cinavia free for blu ray and dvd disks.
    I might be prepared to meet you half way at £335, but i want you to be sure of it's qualitys and maybe see it in action first if you want it.
    I really can't go to £300

22. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    I understand bud , i've seen the reviews , which is why i want it lol . How about £325 tenner'll go towards my juice . I'll be coming up From West Yorkshire . Btw is it possible for me to set up NFS for my Nas server ?

23. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I will need to set it up for NFS, I will sleep on it and let you know in the morning (sorry for the late reply been watching the United match)

24. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    OK mate.

25. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hello, i have spent the morning loading some blu ray image files onto my Nas, i have set the unit up for NFS, Some lower bit rate image files load and play fine The BFG, War Dogs etc all with pop up menu's, Very High bit rate image files for example with DTS:X such as Jason Bourne can exhibit pauses every so often as do 3D blu ray images, i'm pretty sure it isn't my network.
    The same full images all playback fine from a portable USB2 drive.
    The unit only has a 10/100mbit port, i guess some image files are at the upper level of what the network port can take, i think this is why i always played full image files via USB, full MKV rips (not encodes) of Movies with DTS:X play fine over network, maybe because they don't have all the extra auido tracks and and angle pointers.
    Network seems fine for MKV files, full image / iso files need to be played back via USB or the internal drive.

26. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    No worries
    Hi bud. So it's not possible to have both? coz all my stuff is on a nas network, but i do have a 3tb usb 3.0 ext hard drive. Btw I'm at work now, so please forgive me for any late replies.

27. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Right mate sorry for getting back to you so late, i have been doing some testing, basically i moved the Nas downstairs and plugged it into the same switch to see if there was any improvement, there wasn't, but what i have discovered is that the front USB DOES work with the NFS firmware, it is just the rear usb that doesn't, so...

NFS or dlna for H.264 MKV or other supported media files.
    Front USB for full blu-ray/ 3D blu-ray with menu's etc. (p.s. something else i found out they don't even have to be in iso or img, it will play them back from bdmv folder).

28. Publicnme2273

Publicnme2273

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    That's great. So have we got a deal at £325?

29. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Yeah mate, i won't bill you for my time lol.

30. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Contact me in pm about when you want to come etc, how you want to pay etc.