PIONEER AX5A-iS - LARGE or SMALL setting for rear speakers?

MJeeves

I have a PIONEER AX5A-iS and am very happy with it but I was wondering what setting I should use for my surround left and right speakers.

The MCACC sometimes selects LARGE and sometimes SMALL indicating to me that my PROAC TABLETTES (which reach down to 40hz) are right on the border between LARGE and SMALL.

I have a REL STORM V sub and large PROAC RESPONSE 2 speakers for my main speakers.

What would be the best setting to make on the PIONEER AX5A-iS ? Have the rear speakers set to LARGE or SMALL ?

Thanks for your advice.

P.S. If I set them to SMALL, will the added LF signals being sent to the mains and sub cause distortion or possible damage?

Please help :lease:

pragmatic

I would set the rears to small, sub freqs are pretty much undirectional and so getting the sub to do the work is what it is designed for, DD actualy has bass managment as part of its spec just to do this.

You'll not damage anything by setting your rears to small.

MJeeves

gazbarber said:
I would set the rears to small, sub freqs are pretty much undirectional and so getting the sub to do the work is what it is designed for, DD actualy has bass managment as part of its spec just to do this.

You'll not damage anything by setting your rears to small.
Thanks. Will I need to do the basic MCACC and / or Autp Pro set-ups all over again once I've changed the setting from LARGE to SMALL of the rears?

Thanks again.

pragmatic

I'm not familiar with the pioneer setup sorry, but someone on here should be able to tell you. But doing the auto setup will only take a few mins, so its shouldn't take you that long.

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
I think if you run it again it will simply switch the speakers back to large. Not entirely sure though:)

thekingbeyond

On my ax5 I have all the speakers set to small and the crossover on the amp set to 80Hz, this will send the bass into the sub. The macacc is good but some times it sets the speakers to the wrong size.

Ekko Star

Yes the auto set up does sometimes assign the speakers as Large when you actually want Small. If you run it again it will select Large again. Best to run it once and then tweak all settings manually until perfect.

Trending threads

Top Bottom