1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer AX5-usb-and mac osx?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by lotusman1, Sep 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. lotusman1

lotusman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can't seem to get the usb to work via my laptop,is this because it,s not compatible with osx?

Regards marc.

2. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't provide authoritative help, but I have got a Mac and an AX10i (non-USB). I don't know if it works. Firewire doesn't with the AX10i, although the devices see each other and the Mac knows the amp is a sound device. Before OSX v10.3 it would crash the Mac when selecting the AX10i for audio output.

Perhaps USB is for the AX5i to read Windows Media Player files, rather than to stream audio to it as a USB audio device. In that case, the AX5i won't appear as an option in your "sound" system preference, but you might be able to play from a storage device (like an iPod or even a digital camera with some .wmp files copied to it)

Things to try (apologies if they're obvious!):

That you've selected the AX5i as your sound output in the "Sound" preferences. That you've configured the AX5i to play the USB rather than some other input with whatever "source" setting you are using.

3. lotusman1

lotusman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the help,i have been in touch with pioneer and i am told that it just not compatible with osx :thumbsdow never mind!

regards marc