1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer ax3 or rotel 1068

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by pras1011, Aug 18, 2005.

1. pras1011

pras1011
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the pioneer ax3 but i am getting a good deal on a rotel 1068. does anyone have a veiws on which machine is better???
    the pioneer has appperently a 48-bit dsp processing and the rotel has a 32-bit one.
    any one got any tips ideas. which setup is better?
    thanks for your help

2. Cinemafinder

Cinemafinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If possible get a listen - If theres a dealer near you who is selling the rotel 1068 then see if you can listen to it with your favourite film, music.

The Rotel I suspect is going to be a lot more musical than the pioneer in stereo, and is by reputation no slouch at cinema either - I admit I have not heard them.

3. Kobus

Kobus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which amp will you consider with the rotel processor

4. pras1011

pras1011
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which though is more advanced? someone must have heard both playing? can someone maybe tell me at which leavel the rotel 1068 is at compared to other processors and home cinema amps, for example would the 1068 be better than a tag mclaren av32r or maybe a denon avc1..... etc