pioneer ax2av-s hdmi handshake problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sparkymarky, Jan 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    As above.

I am connecting a ps3 to my optoma hd65 via the above amp.

connecting straight from the ps3 to the projector via hdmi is fine...every time... which rules out the pj and ps3.

However, connecting via the amp and i get intermittent problems.
    The ps3 seems to connect to the amp (the hdmi caption flashes then locks on and the 7.1 channels illuminate (pcm) ok.

However, turn on the pj and the amp and ps3 disconnect from each other (the 7.1 channel icons disappear and it loses the pcm caption).
    no image is output obviously.

This leaves me to think that it's no probs with the ps3 or pj as connected directly they are fine.

Any settings on the amp i need to change?? I have had it work ok once and it didnt have probs. but next time i tried using system i have to cycle through inputs etc etc and its pure fluke when it works.

2. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    ok managed to get it working then. turned on amp, then ps3 they connected. then turned on pj. that connected. clicked play on a blu ray it always then seems to lose signal and pj searches for signal again. the only way for it to lock on then is by pressing video select going through all the options and it seems to pic it up then. the thing is, these video select options arent anything to do with hdmi!

the options are just video 1, video2, sky, game 1 game 2 etc etc.
    the pic then comes back. pressing video select while all is working has no effect on anything by the way.

then pressi ng stop on the blu ray means another disconnection and the pj searches for a hdmi signal again. again cycling the video select button seems eventually to make it lock on.

this pressing of video select may just be coincidence, i havent done it enough times yet to confirm that this is what makes it lock on again.

all a bit of a pain to be honest. anyone got an amp with similar problems? i've done a search but no solutions found.

3. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,252
    HDMI handshaking can be a right pain in the backside....

Have you tried switching on your components in a different/particular order? For example, with my setup I have to:

1. Turn on the projector (let it boot up fully)
    2. Turn on the amp and select relevant input
    3. Then I turn on the relevant source and let that boot up
    Just a thought.

:)

4. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    thats my next port of call, a scientific record of startup trys!

just read though my amp could need a firmware update.....not available to joe public either has to go to a service centre.

what a pain in the ass!