Pioneer AX10i help needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dennis, Nov 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    well i finaly did it and got my pioneer 436 today,all ok except i cant seem to get it to output a component picture from the amp to the media box,on my old tv,i had an s video cable from monitor out on amp to s vid on tv,well the media box dosent have a svid input only scarts and component monitor inputs so i have put it in there but it dont work and i cant check on it because of course i cant get the setup screen onto the tv?
    can someone help please?
    getting realy tired now. :lease:

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    I assume your Component inputs on the amp will be assignable ? Check to see you have assigned them correctly to DVD I presume ?

3. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    well no,the problem is that this is the monitor out that i am trying to assign,in other words all video sources go into the amp and come out of the monitor out socket,i asumed that if i used the component cable monitor out from the amp into the the input 2 component sockets on the media box,then all video put into the amp would come out to the media box then go to the screen,or am i barking up the wrong tree,i have never used component brfore.and unless i can get the setup screen from amp to plasma i cant assign anything cos i cant see it.
    thanks for reply
    :suicide:

4. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    That sounds correct. But have you connected your DVD to the Component input on the amp ? You have to assign the Component input to DVD for it to output via Component monitor.

If all your other equipment is connected via S-Video or composite then it sounds like the amp is not upconverting to Comp out. You need to check settings of inputs on the amp I would guess ?

5. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    thanks ekko,i havent evn connected the dvd yet,in fact the only thing thats connected to the amp is my sky+ box,so i have to connect the dvd to the ampas well before the monitor out component will work? weird,still i will have another go tommorow too knackered now.
    thanks for help,may have to pick your brains again,if thats ok.

6. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    I assumed you had a DVD set up. How are you connecting your Sky+ box to the amp, via what connection ?

7. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    ok ekko all done,i had i quick call to pioneer and anice chap sorted it,all it was ,was ti had the input assigned to the wrong one on the amp,its all working great now,i guess i wqs to tired yesterday i should have left it till today!,anyway thanks for your help. :smashin:

8. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    Yes thought it hadn't been assigned properly as I said in my first post, well done :thumbsup: