Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer AX10Ai: Usb problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Scirocco, May 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Scirocco

Scirocco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a PC hooked up to my Pioneer AX10Ai through the usb-port (direct connection). The problem is that the soundcard is very unstable. When WinXP recognize it properly all works fine, but it often gets disconnected or just recognized as a "unknown device" (with no sound, of course).

Is there anyone with AX5 or AX10 that get the soundcard to work more stable? Could there be a problem with my receiver?

2. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've had no problems with mine. I use a Lindy 5M USB2.0 cable and it's worked every time so far. It's only a USB1.1 device, and I have it plugged into a USB1.1 socket on my PC, but generally the USB2 cables are higher quality due to the much higher throughput at USB2 speeds.

3. Scirocco

Scirocco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

Does anyone know if there is possible to create or download a dedicated *.inf (driver) file for the receiver?

4. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    As it is detected as a generic USB audio device I wouldn't have thought Pioneer have one. Mind U I haven't tried it under Windows 98, maybe that would detect it differently.

Have U checked the CD that came with your AX10Ai? I haven't checked mine so I don't know what's on it.