1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer AX10

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Oasis-GasPanic, May 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Everyone,
    Two questions really, one is I only have the room for 5.1 so as this amp has 7.1 is there a way of reassigning the extra two channels to stereo speakers in another room. Two is as the new Denon ASR1 is out can I expect the price to drop slightly.

Sorry one more thing How is the Pioneer for music compared to the Denon A11SR (pure direct mode).

Thanks to everyone who replies!

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

This may answer your question about the AX10. Also worth looking through the rest of the forum for info about the AX10/49TX (american model)

http://pub106.ezboard.com/faussiedvdandhtforumfrm24.showMessage?topicID=162.topic

Dont expect the price of the A1SR to drop, but you may get discounts from some dealers, depends where you buy from.

The Denons (notably the A1SE/SR) are still supposed to have the edge when it comes to music playback due to their Pure Direct mode. Best to demo them yourself for a comparison.

According to my dealer the Pioneer has a large number of back orders already so may be difficult to get hold of, Denon also wont have any A1SR´s in until towards the end of the month.

Cheers

3. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Jase great site. BTW I'm sorry but I ment Now the ASR1 has been released can I expect the AX10 to drop in price.

Cheers!

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    I dont reckon the AX10 will drop as the demand at the moment is too high.

According to the Pioneer Rep my dealer spoke to, they have only 10 units coming into the UK soon (all for back orders) and another 50 towards the end of the month/early June (again most of these are for back orders apparently).

Pioneer are´nt likely to drop the price if demand is as high as would appear.