pioneer AX10 owners help please

Hoddle63

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I need your help to help me find a hi fi unit to fit the amplifier on. From help from my previous question I have found where to get them from, the big question because mine as not arrived yet is how much difference to the depth of the amp are the feet placed.

It will be great if I can get this inf before the shop close today so I can at last order one. There are a few to ring back. It is just this doubt of depth. The best so far is 450mm depth of the shelf. Would the amp fit on this.

I dont mind the amp over the edge of the unit as long as the feet are placed on the shelf. So I am trying to find out how in mm the amps depth goes from overall 472mm with the space taken away from feet to the edge.

Hope you can understand what I mean.
It will be great if I can get this inf before the shop close today so I can at last order one. There are a few to ring back. It is just this doubt of depth. The best so far is 450mm. Would ity fit.

If you can help a big thank you,
Phill

Hi Gadget,
I think I understand what your asking?????

The distance from the feet and the front of the amp is about 5cm.

and

The distance from the feet and the back of the amp is about 3cm.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

BTW, I'm also interested in finding an AV unit to hold all my equipment (no joy so far), so if you do end up finding anyone who sells a suitable stand/rack I would be very greatful.

Whatever you get, you should be aware that the AX10 gets very hot. You'll be hard-pushed to keep your hand on the top in some areas when it's in action. Pioneer recommends 8ins min clearance above. I ran mine for a month with only an inch before I realised how hot it was - not only for the amp but the sat receiver on the shelf above it. I have now re-organised things and it has 6ins above it. Some people (notably US owners) without enough space to play with have resorted to fitting a pc case cooling fan in the locality to help.

On the plus side, I think my central heating bill will be lower this winter.

i have an appollo mezzo soprano Appollo which my denon a1se sits on. alright, not quite a pioneer but still a big beast that gets warm! there is about 4 different heights to choose from as it is a modular design so you can get the heights as you want.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom