1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Ax10-ES did work.-Kieff

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gadjet, Sep 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    To Kieff,
    Cheers Jase for your advice,

I set up the amp to pick up DTS-ES+THX on gladiator using 7.1 channel and manual. The signal of the surround rear two speakers on the front display of the amp was not there, so what I did then was put amp on standard DTS setting and reduced all speaker levels to -10 but had the surround rear two speakers set at +3.0. There was no sound from rear speakers at all.

So then I put the amp into DTS-ES+THX mode with all but the surround rear two speakers to the lowest settings, there was a lot of sound from the rears. ES must work even though there still being no signal for surround rear two speakers on the front amp display.
    I have not tried DD-EX yet as my DVD has got to go back to Sound And Vision because it does not play my Region 1 discs which have the DD-EX films on.
    So Kieff give it a try and listen to your rear 2 they do work even though the amps display is not showing a signal

Take care and thanks to Jase,
    Phill