Pioneer AVIC X1 info

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by strachg, Feb 21, 2005.

1. strachg

strachg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,

First post here so be gentle with me and apoligies if I sound a bit thick :suicide: ,

Iam planning on buying a Pioneer AVIC X1 but have several questions i would like to ask about if someone could be kind enough to answer them.

First, the wire that connects to the handbrake switch does this need to be connected or is this to stop you using some functions while on the move.

Second, car speed signal how do I tell where to fit this, i have a 52 plate Laguna.

I have fitted several systems in my cars before but these 2 wires are a bit diffrent any advice would be greatly appreciated, if these questions have been asked before i apologise but i couldnt see them using the search forum.

Graham

2. thudspud

thudspud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Just earth the handbrake connection, this will make all the features usable all of the time, I accept no responsibility for you klling yourself because your watching a DVD instead of concentrating on the road ;)

Car speed pulse on a 52 Laguna is carried by radio plug A, pin 1 ,Colour = white

Hope this helps

Good Luck!

Cheers

Chris