pioneer at very cheap price!!!!

J

john_hk

The pioneer 435FDE is 1755 GBP!! with black swivel speakers, stand or wall mount in Hong Kong. Should I get it or a Panasonic?

Originally I wanted to buy a Pioneer 435 but they do not have digital tv here (and no plan for a while).

and reading the forums and the fact that digital will not be out here I looked for a panasonic panel. They have a viera here (th-42pe30) which includes stand or wall mount.

They also have pansonic commerical panels PWD6UY and PWD7UY. The dealer is throwing in an external analog tuner.

I went to look at the panels and I have to say all the panasonic panels were better with ordinary tv. But the dealer said that the tuner in the pioneer is very bad. He showed me a dvd and both pics looked just as good, but the pioneer was sharper.

Now I would have got the PWD7UY, but, get this, if you factor in the prices it may change things:::::
(coverted from Hong Kong dollars to pounds)
panasonic PWD6UY = 1150 GBP
panasonic PWD7UY = 1540 GBP
panasonic th-42pe30 = 1825 GBP
pioneer 435FDE eq = 1755 GBP

Looking at the prices I think either a 6UY or 435. 435 is very good value!!

Please help... Thanks

nope, Hong Kong is way way way behind in tv broadcasting. there is no spare frequency here for hdtv broadcast.
it is based on pal and hd tvs (esp from japan) show this very badly.

Hi guys,
thanks for the responses. esp because it is not your home market it is difficult to answer. Yes we have very high bandwidth to our homes (some of them anyway) and some of that broadcast will be digital, and the lines are capable of handling a HD signal. However I can't see anywhere in the article that suggests the the digital signal will be HD.
As far as I know, HDTV is way off.
However there are hd products like dvd players etc that are hd and have hdmi support.
The panasonic PV500 or eq (i.e. a panasonic panel, whether commerial or consumer that has a 1024 res) has not been announced in HK yet. They just released the PE30 so I don't believe the PV500 is coming for a while.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom