Pioneer and tuner box connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by oaklandraiders, Oct 15, 2002.

1. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Yo

Can the Tuner box work with the MXE ?

If so wouldnt you get the best of both worlds ?

I just gotta decide on Panasonic Model 5 or Pioneer 433 HDE/MXE

I've only been able to see the Panasonic set up correctly, the Pioneer in Bentalls looked horrible but bad source, it looked a bit better in Dixons ! but brightness up too high.

Thanks

John

Thanks

John

2. j_smit

j_smit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - no the Pioneer tuner Box will not work with the MXE series of Pioneer plasma screens, although, if you really want an Analogue picture on your plasma screen then you can buy an external tuner for around £100 - £150. Some will even allow you to input via the 15pin D-Sub input to allow your Sky / DVD feeds to go straight in.

Hope this helps.

J.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,161
    Oaklandraiders

What functions of the Media Box would you like to retain with an MXE or 5 Series Panasonic display?

The Pioneer RO3 Media Box has been utilised with MXE displays - going in on the DVI input; not tried it myself as Pioneer UK dont supply the R03 as a stand alone option!

The HDE series Plasma TV's are very good but the picture quality with a good quality source will not match either the MXE or 5 Series Panasonics - and remember the R03 Media Box is NOT PAL Progressive compatible.

Best regards

Joe

4. p.booth

p.booth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Hi Joe, excuse me butting in ,but does anp used for switching component degrade the picture or not?I`m thinking of using the amp to switchbetween Dvd and Ntl Cable Component .Cheers PeterB.

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,161
    Hello Peter

We have quite a few customers now using Denon AV amps (AVR-3802 and up) as Component video switchers and so far all say they are more than happy with the results - and many have fairly high quality DVD players.

Dr Johns RGB to Component box is very good and will work well with your NTL box.

Best regards

Joe

PS Forgot to add in the previous message that one BIG issue with the Pioneer R03 Media Box is its lack of IR pickup - in an HDE system the IR is on the display!