pioneer after sales

H

hammerman

fresh from reading the comments about "video dropout"on the pioneer 434,I decided to give pioneer a call (I've had this problem since I bought the screen 4 months ago)
When I told the guy about my problem,I was told that they're aware about this but theres nothing they can do,and if their engineers ever find out they will let me know:confused: .....I was then asked if this was "ok?".............the man was somewhat miffed when my reply was NO!!
I explained to him that I wont pay £4000 for a faulty tv just to be told I'll have to live with it,and demanded a new media box........I also explained that I have read bout other peoples problems on AVforums ,and that others have had excellent customer service from them and had received a new box........
His reply to this was that a new box didnt always correct the problem,so theres nothing he can do,or is even willing to do!!!
I KID YOU NOT!

After spending another 5 mins threatening this guy with court action if he was not willing to even try to honour the 12 month warranty,he said he'll try to get me another box within the next week.I'm not holding out much hope here.......
Did any of you had this problem with pioneer?I found their reluctance to even try to help so far truly gobsmacking!
I'll keep you informed of whatever happens next........

ps.....sorry if my 1st post here is a whinge,but on the plus side it shows that if you mention avforums,and keep mentioning it,they do take some notice!any advice would be welcome!

Welcome to the Forums.

Where did you buy it from? You should contact your re-tailer /e-tailer as they can usually put more pressure on Pioneer.

Pioneer is well aware of this issue and no one of the members here had much trouble getting them to replace the mediabox!!!

I bought it from Audiotech,Croydon.I went straight to pioneer as I thought this was the more "direct route".I'm still absolutely dismayed by the fact that this guy categorically stated he was not prepared to try anything......on the grounds that it is a known problem and therefore they cannot fix it!......and then to tell me he WONT send a new box on the grounds that "it may not work"really did astound me!..........he genuinely seemed to believe that I should accept this situation.....!?!
If this situation persists,I'll get in touch with Audiotech.......but I do have a very bad feeling about pioneer after this.......

I should add that he DID eventually,after many "threats",agree to send out an engineer with a new box and ring me for an appropriate appointment(this was monday),but I havent heard anything since...........

Originally posted by hammerman
I bought it from Audiotech,Croydon.

Audiotech have to resolve your problem.
You shouldn't have to contact Pioneer at all.
Pioneer are no worse, possibly better, than Panasonic, Philips, Hitachi and others, they are all geared up to their dealers resolving service issues.
That's the benefit of a decent dealer, leave it to them. :cool:

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
Audiotech have to resolve your problem.
You shouldn't have to contact Pioneer at all.
Pioneer are no worse, possibly better, than Panasonic, Philips, Hitachi and others, they are all geared up to their dealers resolving service issues.
That's the benefit of a decent dealer, leave it to them. :cool:

I appreciate what your saying,and contacting the retailer is my next step.......;)
..........but that doesnt excuse the amazing attitude of the pio guy I spoke to!(hand on heart,this guy actually REFUSED to help)...........On the warranty it does say to either contact the retailer or call them direct,and this behaviour/attitude is appalling!
My god,this is supposed to be a state of the art television they're selling..............:confused:

Can you explain "video dropout" please. :)

Did you contact Pioneer themselves or Barron McCann? I'm on my 3rd media box and Barron McCann have always been very prompt and polite about swapping them out.

Originally posted by ResB
Can you explain "video dropout" please. :)

by video dropout,Im talking about the screen going blank intermittenly........its incredibly annoying,and prevails on all inputs,but is especially bad on 525i

@cjdshaw......I contacted the pioneer plasma line,as stated on the warranty.I did take the guys name,but I wont mention that for now...........;) ...........I dont know who Barron McCann is Im afraid..............but its the service guys like you are receiving which made me feel so optimistic that this would be sorted out!.....I'm amazed by their attitude towards me..........

.......anyhow,I'll be contacting this guy tomorrow......I'll know more then,I guess.

hammerman

hammerman

TALK TO YOUR DEALER - that's who you purchase from; that's who will resolve your problems.

Pioneer UK don't undertake the actual service work its sub contracted to Barron McCann and your dealer should be able to give them a call and have a date set for a swap out without any problems.

Maybe someone at Pioneer UK was having an off day and said HE couldn't resolve your problem (a jobs worth) but he should have directed you back at your dealer or to Barron McCann.

Best regards

Joe

Interesting though that the Pioneer guy wouldn't even suggest hammerman to call his dealer first... :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

I have been chasing & chasing this with Pioneer since I had the problem.

I have had to report it to my supplier, I now am waiting a replacement Media box.

I even demo'd the problem to a guy on the Pioneer Stand and Earls court (ideal home), he couldnt believe what he was seeing.

The supplier is the person who should deaL with pioneer not you, they have in my experience been the most helpful and competent company I have ever dealt with.
This one-off complaint taken out in the wrong way anyway could mark the reputation of a fantastic company on a fantastic screen.
There is often problems with new lines and companies are often happy to sort them out "Through the dealers" and the pdp434 has been very popular so even a small percentage amounts to alot of people.

A quick update!

.........I didnt bother to get in touch with the pio guy again,instead I phoned Audiotech, like you guys suggested!..........the man I spoke to called me back within 5mins, and gave me the number for Barron McCann to make a suitable appointment for an engineer!................All those of you who said this man would be helpful,were proved absolutely correct! :smashin:

An engineer will be around to see me in a weeks time!

@bobbypunk...........you seem to be implying that I'm in the wrong somehow,and that I'm trying to blight the reputation of pioneer......:confused: ..........may I suggest you read my posts again,carefully taking note of the fact that I'm genuinely surprised at how they've acted BECAUSE of theyre great reputation......unless of course you believe its right to refuse to honour the warranty?...........I cannot see how calling pioneer myself makes me the bad guy..........:mad:

I too had problems with pioneer, have gone to my dealer and they sorted it out straight away.
I had another media box delivered, but it still has the same dropout problem, the box was manufactured in november.
I am going to get yet another media box tomorrow, hope this is better, manufacturer date is december.
Anyone know which boxes are the firmware updated ones?

Cheers,

Graham

The Guy we had round seems thinks that a media box built in 04 will solve the issue.

After re-reading the thread I still think that as your dealer is responsible for authorising servicing it is still unfair to judge the reaction when you contact them direct where they are not used to dealing with the problem.
I agree the way the man acted doesn't sound right he should have just told you to ring the dealer.
I didn't mean to sound like I was snipping at you but I wanted to make it clear that after speaking to Pioneer on many occasions that they are normally a very helpful company!

I have started to get the "video Dropout" problem now. And yes, it is very annoying. :thumbsdow When it happens it swithches my Sky digibox to standby. D@nm thing...

Originally posted by hammerman
A quick update!

.........I didnt bother to get in touch with the pio guy again,instead I phoned Audiotech, like you guys suggested!..........the man I spoke to called me back within 5mins, and gave me the number for Barron McCann to make a suitable appointment for an engineer!................All those of you who said this man would be helpful,were proved absolutely correct! :smashin:

An engineer will be around to see me in a weeks time!

Just thought I'd mention that I spoke to the same ppl today and organised for an engineer to call this Wednesday to change the MM box. I hope it is for a new one and not refurbished. :) Excellent Service... :smashin:

My problem has been bounced back to the Pioneer factory as this fault seems to be a design fault. This problem I have is getting right on my £$%$.

I'm now on my 5th media box for my 433HDE. This one seems OK (touch wood), but Barron McCann have always been great at swapping them out. They even brought a loan screen round last time to see if that was the problem.

Barron McCann came and changed the Media Box on Wednesday as promised. However, they ran off with my Media Card!...then brought it back....which was nice of them, and they took their shoes off...

Unfortunately, this video dropout problem has not gone away. My wife said it was doing the same thing on Thursday whilst I was at work. However, I have not seen it do it yet.

Dunno, this might be me but I'm not too happy about having a "repaired/refurbished" media box in place of my new one if I'm honest... :(

Got a Pioneer Eng coming round tomorrow with a beta software release for the 525i RGB video drop out problem.

Yeah, still have the problem, gutted.... :( :thumbsdow

KelvinHT - Did the beta software resolve your problem?

ResB

Your tag line says 'Dodgy Digital Sky box' - what do you mean? and is the video drop out on all sources or just one source?

Best regards

Joe

yes the new release of software did work, I had this on diffrent sources.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom