• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Pioneer a400 volume pot.

bluebru

Novice Member
looking for a volume pot for Pioneer A400. Anyone know where I might find one, getting desperate now.
Thanks.

If you're really desperate, I assume the whole amps come up on Ebay for cheap if you wait for a broken one. There's lots of info about the A400 volume pots online that might give you ideas, e.g. pioneer a 400 volume pot

bluebru

Novice Member
Hi, can anyone help please. I am trying to replace the volume pot on my Pioneer a400 amp.
I have purchased an alps pot. but am not sure how to wire it in.
I realise it cannot fit straight onto the pcb but would really appreciate some kind of
Wiring diagram.
I have scoured Google to no avail.
Hoping someone can help me.

bluebru

Novice Member
Yes, they do come up on ebay, but tend to go for silly money even though faulty.
There is a lot online about the a400 vol. Pots, but no diagrams showing how to wire a replacement unfortunately.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Have you tried contacting Pioneer for schematics?

Fully working one on Ebay for 120 'buy now' atm...hardly silly money! use yours for spares.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Posted a link on your other thread.

gibbsy

Threads merged.

matthewpiano78

I gave up on the A400 after having two that developed problems with the volume pot. It isn't such a great amp that it's worth all the hassle in my opinion, and can comfortably be bettered by current equivalents.

bluebru

Novice Member

does this help any?

I have followed the wiring in the pics provided
and wired in the alps RK27 100K pot but have no sound, very faint on full volume.
Does this pot need to be grounded ?
Any help would be appreciated as I am a novice concerning amp circuitry.
Sorry the wiring is the same colour, it's all I had. 20201118_225416.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom