Pioneer A30

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by AMG, Aug 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. AMG

AMG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer a30 amplifier with wharfedale 122 speakers. I would likemore bass therefor i'd like the addition of a subwoofer. I was thinking of purchasing the wharfedale diamond sw150 sub, is this completable with my existing system bare in mine my amp does not have a sub out. Can you please advise me as I have been trying to research it but with no luck. What additional wires do I need and how does it get connected up?

2. Boyzer

Boyzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I recently purchased the A-30, having an older AV Receiver, i recognised that the 'stereo' quality of my AV wasnt up to scratch, so I utilised the pre-out on the AV and my front L & R speakers are driven by the A-30.

My issue, is too much base...

Anyway, back to your issue...

A sub-wont plug into the A-30 in any way that Im aware of, so for me, the solution resides with either your speaker wire, or the speakers, or the placement of the speakers...

Speaker wire... Apparently, some speaker wire can add base... Im not a great believer in the quality of sound being massively changed with speaker wires myself, although I do think if you change from £1.99 a drum to spending £20 or £30 for the lengths you need, you may benefit.

Speakers... I dont know the 122's personally, so others may wish to comment on the base level on them.

Placement... Room dynamics can influence the sound dramtically... Specifically, try moving them closer to the wall if possible, or further away, to see what impact that has...

For me, if you have a reasonable speaker wire & have experimented with placement, and turned up the base levels on the Amp itself, then the speakers themselves are not to your liking... Go out an audition more...

My issue, recently having moved in with the GF into a smaller house, my XT4's, are too base heay and are more suited to a bigger room... before you ask, no i dont want to swap, lol.

Im no expert, and Im sure others will drop in and critique my response to you, but its offered with honesty is my humble opinion and limited knowledge.

Good luck... The search for audio perfection goes on... ps. It never stops...