Pioneer 989 playback memory function?

ceejay

Novice Member
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Pioneer DV989 dvd player, and I am wondering if it has some form of playback memory, so that it can remember where you stopped playback on a specific disc and resume from there on if you want to continue watching.
One of my first DVD-players I bought back in 2000 - a pretty basic Philips - could remember this for up to 30 discs. Then I moved on to a Sony DVP-NS900 and that player could only do that with the last disc you played, and only if you left it in the player. That annoyed me a bit, but there was nothing to be done about it, so I just forgot about it.
So now I have the Pioneer, and it seems that this one also doesn't have that functionality, which surprises me seeing that this is supposed to be a high-end player.
Did I just look over this feature, or is it not implemented in the 989? If so, are there actually any players that can do this the way my old Philips did?

Thanks,

CJ

pob

The pioneer players don't have a memory feature for discs taken out of the player. It annoys me too as my old Sony used to remember about 50 discs.
I now have to sit through all the FBI/FACT stuff every time a disc is loaded rather than just jumping to the last scene I watched.

con219

pob said:
The pioneer players don't have a memory feature for discs taken out of the player. It annoys me too as my old Sony used to remember about 50 discs.
I now have to sit through all the FBI/FACT stuff every time a disc is loaded rather than just jumping to the last scene I watched.
Not true.

My Pioneer 686a (588a in the US ) has a memory when you take the DVD out.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom