Pioneer 8G Owners Thread - Part 3

8 years ago I wanted to be sure I was getting the best out of a premium tv. The improvements on calibration over ******** settings were marginal and worth it. It set the tv up for life. Sometimes I wonder how true it is now. It's like a favourite pair of shoes.

902 does look tempting but can't bring myself to buy an LED even if it's a panny.

I'd choose a samsung LED over a panasonic LED any day. If for some reason I had to buy one.

As good as the panny plasma's are...I was never impressed with the LED range.

I've forgotten how to access engineers menu. My 428 is to my eyes at least pretty well perfect. Calibrated 8 years ago by Piers the only thing that will push me to change is a bigger screen. The Panny 902 is lovely.

Yes, he is very good also

8 years ago I wanted to be sure I was getting the best out of a premium tv. The improvements on calibration over ******** settings were marginal and worth it. It set the tv up for life. Sometimes I wonder how true it is now. It's like a favourite pair of shoes.

I think the only way is for me to probably have it done for first time ever (especially if I could cut a deal for my Panny upstairs to be done also) then I always then know for the future.

Only thing is I'm wandering how long I've got before I get holes in the soles of my favourite trainers!

I'd choose a samsung LED over a panasonic LED any day. If for some reason I had to buy one.
As good as the panny plasma's are...I was never impressed with the LED range.

I've always found that too, it's as if Panasonic have never quite grasped LED like Samsung have.
I think Panny's attempt at OLED is looking hopeful though, but will have to watch this space next year or so..

My 4280XD is at 25000hrs since 2008. Still perfect.

Not far behind me then on hours, I could of saved around 5000 hours I think if I just didn't leave it on in the background all the time when doing other things!

21920 hrs done.

You need to watch more TV Sir!

I wonder if I can do a Ferris Bueller's Day Off and wind back the clock on the hours on my Kuro without it shooting backwards through my nextdoor neighbours house?

Sorry for bad English.Hi all .Faced with the problem of setting up the color on a PIONEER LX508.The TV I bought is clear with it .Realized that the previous owner climb in the service menu and screwed up naturally. Almost all of the values I recovered(found online).But with regard to factory settings chroma never .So please owners LX 508 pliz put all the configuration values from the paragraph PANEL-2 ADJ including ABL from the service menu. Particularly interested in R-HIGH? G-HIGH? B-HIGH? ABL ? Thank you in advance.

Hi, I have an untouched lx 508, do you have instructions on how to access the service menu? If I can access service menu I will send you photos of my settings.

Hi Dazzap12345 .
1 turn Off the TV with the remote control
2 Click on the INFO button (i+) that hit don't hold (should have time to push it until clicked relay!!!)
Wait 3 seconds
press LEFT, UP, LEFT, RIGHT then POWER
3 Press the "MUTE" Find "PANEL FACT." and press ENTER.leaf "^" to PANEL-2 ADJ.press ENTER

Hi

Here you are [emoji3]

Panel -2 ADJ. [Tbl1/60vs]

ABL <=> 138
R-high <=> 256
G-high <=> 239
B-high <=> 251
R-low <=> 512
G-low <=> 512
B-low <=> 512

Hope that helps.

I have the 508xd & 428xd, owned from new both still going strong and enjoying the picture aswell as the sound from the Pioneer speakers

Had the plasmas calibrated by ******** couple years ago definitely worth it if you are planning to keep to screens for a few more years

Yeah every now and then I itch for a larger screen but can just imagine the missus spotting that in fact bigger doesn't mean better.

I've decided it's far too risky to ditch the 428 and replace it with a 902DX or such like. So I'm going to make another tv room in the house for a UHD LCD. Eventually.

I've a PDP 4280XD

Also can someone tell me why I am missing the other AV selection presets (I only seem to have Standard and User) and why there doesn't seem to be a Pro Adjust listed in the picture menu.

Thanks

Last edited:
Dazzap12345
Pioneer LX508 . Hello ! Can you help me again? Please let me know the parameters of PANEL-1 ADJ. I will be very grateful .

Last edited:
Dazzap12345
Pioneer LX508 . Hello ! Can you help me again? Please let me know the parameters of PANEL-1 ADJ. I will be very grateful .

Hi

I've got photos of the settings, let me find them and post them on here soon, there is quite a few !

[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Any other PDP-508XD’ers left out there?

I’m feeling a bit like a member of the Normandy Veterans Association (only a bit,am certainly not worthy in the real sense)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom