Pioneer 8g 4280xd and SKYHD

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely chuffed with the PQ of SKY+ on my Pioneer Kuro:D

Getting SKY+HD installed so I assume I wont have to change any 8g settings I used from the Pioneer 8g owners thread?

also heard there is an issue with one type of HD box and Pioneer Plasmas, something about HDCP errors, can anyone shed light?

Absolutely chuffed with the PQ of SKY+ on my Pioneer Kuro:D

Getting SKY+HD installed so I assume I wont have to change any 8g settings I used from the Pioneer 8g owners thread?

also heard there is an issue with one type of HD box and Pioneer Plasmas, something about HDCP errors, can anyone shed light?

I don't think you have to worry about HDCP on the G8, IIRC it was on the G6.
I use the ******** Movie settings on my 428, just on DM1, as I find it too noisy on 2. I don't seem to see any judder this is meant to bring.

I don't think you have to worry about HDCP on the G8, IIRC it was on the G6.
I use the ******** Movie settings on my 428, just on DM1, as I find it too noisy on 2. I don't seem to see any judder this is meant to bring.

Thanks Kev.............whats IIRC? or is that text speak:nono: naughty boy:rolleyes:

P.S what SKY+HD box do you have out of interest?

Thanks Kev.............whats IIRC? or is that text speak:nono: naughty boy:rolleyes:

P.S what SKY+HD box do you have out of interest?

Its an early Thomson with component output.
IIRC, if I recall correctly. Seen it loads of times written on these forums.
At the end of the day, its an internet forum, not an English lit. composition:)

Its an early Thomson with component output.
IIRC, if I recall correctly. Seen it loads of times written on these forums.
At the end of the day, its an internet forum, not an English lit. composition:)

TY, IMHO YAR, lol

:rolleyes:

I have my Thomson box for about a year now. Initially there was some problem with HDMI CEC which prevented full communication between amp and tv. This seemed to sort itself with a Sky update and now all is ok.
I followed ******** settings to the letter and a few months on was ISF Calibrated which showed slight improvement. The settings are pretty d*** close.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom