1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 868avi -vs- Denon DVD3910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by eggybread, Aug 11, 2004.

1. eggybread

eggybread
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I saw the 868 through a pioneer 434hde panel last weekend, using the hdmi link upscaled to 1280x720p through its inbuilt resolution expander, and it was awesome. Very 'hi-def'. Now I dont want to see any more films until I get it, as there doesnt seem any point, as I'm only watching the film at 60%.

So, was going to get one early next month, but then someone in another thread posts a link about the Denon DVD3910, which isnt out yet, and this also has a scaler in it. I called my local retailer, and they will be getting it in, but it may not be until October! I cant wait that long to back-to-back the two players to make a choice!

I dont care to much about iLink, and whether it will play DVD-ROM, DVD-R+ or DVD-Audio etc. I'm just interested in the DVD picture.

Is the Denon going to be that much better than the 868 - comparing tech specs, unless someone has actually seen both machines backtoback - going into the 434 using HDMI upscaling.

2. eggybread

eggybread
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    or do i just wait for the DVDO iScan HD scaler to get an HDMI input, and then plug everything into that?
    Anyone got any news on when that might happen?