Pioneer 868 & DVD+RW

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ROBERTT, Jan 18, 2004.

1. ROBERTT

ROBERTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have the Pioneer 868 player connected to the 434HDE. It states in the manual the various supported disk formats ie DVD-R DVD-RW etc but there is no mention of DVD+R or DVD+RW:confused:

I kmow Pioneer introduced the DVD-RW format so when I tried to play a +RW disk lent to me by a neighbour I was surpised to see it played perfectly. How come it plays when it is not a supported format in the manual:confused: :confused:

Anyone have any theories?

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pioneer don't waste ink advertising other peoples formats.
    Panasonic don't claim to read them either and some do, sony claim all because they support all, and philips deny the existance of -R and -RW.

3. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have a Pio 757ai and it plays +RW discs recorded on my Philips dvdr75 perfectly.
    Due to connectivity reasons, I’ve never actually used the recorder for playback, so it’s just as well!

4. davech

davech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The following site provides DVD +R/+RW compatibility information for a whole load of DVD players, although it's not up-to-date enough for the latest generation of players. It does, however, say that the DV656 is compatible, which is a reasonable indication for the 868:

http://www.dvdplusrw.org/

Select "General DVD +R/+RW" -> "Compatibility" from the menu on the front page.

5. markwww673

markwww673

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    I can confirm that the Pioneer 668 is fine so I assume the 868 should do the same

:p