1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 868 does not downmix

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by doctorG4, Sep 16, 2005.

1. doctorG4

doctorG4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have modified the firmware of my Pioneer 868 and now I do not get 5.1 downmix to SCART or CD analog out.

Can somebody please check on a "normal" Pioneer 868 what happens if in the Speaker Setup menu you set 5.1 and then listen to a 5.1 DVD with a SCART and a stereo only TV ?

In my case I get only the right and left channel from the 5.1 but not downmixed so there is no voice (which is on the central). The only way to get the voice back is to go to the setting menu--> speaker and set 2CH.

This is _very_ silly since obviously you want 5.1 only on digital and 5.1 analog out and not on SCART or CD out (2CH).

Please try out and let me know.

Regards

:lease:

2. stulou

stulou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I have exactly the same problem with my Pioneer DV747, so I don't think your 868 is faulty.

3. iBug

iBug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are not supposed to select 5.1 If you do, it won't downmix, even a normal one. It says in the manual.

4. doctorG4

doctorG4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks.