pioneer 859 loop

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by crawler, Aug 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. crawler

crawler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello, i bought a pioneer vsx859rds 6 month back and despite it doesnt decode dpl2 i am really happy with it , the amp has 7.1 preamp output as well as 7.1 multichannel input, in fact what i wanted to know is if it is possible to take the 7.1 output of the 859, route it to a bass management processor that has got 7.1 in-and-output as well, and then send back the signal to the 7.1
    input of the 859 ?, just like if i was looping the signal
    i woul have try to find the answer myself if i wasn t in vacation (damned!) :)
    bye
    fred

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,487
    Out of interest what do you want to do that for? Is it for DVD-Audio, something like that?

3. crawler

crawler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i see you coming dear moderator, it is not for dvd audio or something like that, just to get two subs, but please try to answer my post
    fred

4. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,487
    I don´t think its possible as by engaging the External input, you´ll be stuck in that mode. Whereas you would need to be in dvd mode or whatever.

If you want two subs why not just use a Y splitter cable or connect the second sub via High level.

5. crawler

crawler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you Jase, so your opinion is it is not possible,anyway i ll test it when i ll be back in france, to be sure, in fact i want to be able to control bass management in "live" with two subs that is why i want to get this unit and not use a y cable only
    thank you again
    fred