1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 814 amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jtf, Nov 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    i was thinking of going for this amp but i am unsure of the sq it will produce for music. i have around £250 to spend and it will be paired with a pioneer 575 dvd player and a ms premiere pack. would the denon or marantz units be alot better and if anyone is going to suggest a azur 540r don't i already had one and it was nothing but trouble

2. Paulbmw

Paulbmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D hey jtf,this is spooky.I just posted a thanx to you in another thread.Ive posted a couple of replies on this amp which may help.Try this... http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152708 Stereo.Since posting my opinions i have really laid into this amp with dvd and cd and my views back then have been reinforced.The only fault that i may have is that i used to like the red LED,s.I now like the blue LED,s all the other amps in the series come with :laugh: One other thing...like all other av amps i have owned,you need to give it more volume than stereo amps before you get similiar noise output from speakers.Not sure if that qualifys as a criticism.

By the way....can anyone tell me how i could possibly change red LED,s? :blush: I know i,m sad. :rolleyes:

Thanks

3. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    thanks i think i'll be going with the 814. unbeatable has it for £220