1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 812 and Kef Eggs Mark 2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by CatManDo, Nov 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Anyone know of the best place to buy the Pionner VSX D812 amp and the Kef Eggs 2005.2 package??

TIA

2. balders

balders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Creative Audio do a package for £990 including cable pack - collection only (based in Shrewsbury).

http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/pio812KHT.htm

If this is a bit far to trek, ou may be able to get somewhere more local to you to do a pricematch. I think some other forum members have had some luck getting their local Sevenoaks Hifi to pricematch. Someone also mentioned buying locally on Barclaycard and using the Barclaycard price promise to reclaim the difference in price.

Good luck - I'm kind of interested in how you get on with your system 'cos I want something similar, although probably the Eggs + Denon 1804 (for it's component in/out which the Pio hasn't got).

Balders.

3. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Thanks for your reply Balders.

Yeah Shrewsburry is a bit far for me.....will try and see if I can get someone to price match.

Thanks for the heads-up!

4. CatManDo

CatManDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    just phoned my local Sevenoaks (Sheffield)....told me that the Pioneer 812's are not available and could take up to two months to get hold of! He also said he wouldnt be able to match that price......

Looks like I may have to go to Shrewsbury!

5. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    CatManDo, I'm also in Sheffield, and I had pretty good service from Moorgate Acoustics, at the bottom of Fitzwilliam Street in town. I bought a Yammy 630 and set of mark 1 eggs there and they were helpful and not afraid of a good haggling session :)

Dunno if they'll price match but you might get enough of a good deal to pay for the petrol & time it would have taken to hike all the way to Shrewsbury. They're also happy to let you demo stuff and make a hell of a din :)