Pioneer 757i

P

paiger

Anyone know when it's out. If it is already, anyone got any links to reviews?

S

The December issue of Hi-Fi News (just out in the last few days) has a review of the 757i and the VSA-AX10i. The "i" stands for i-link, which is a Sony/Pioneer firewire implementation which passes DVD-A and SACD from player to amp in digital format.
Review is very positive.

Cool, thanks. The iLink is one of the main reasons I am interested. I'm not sure that it is ratified for DVD-A yet, last I heard they were sorting it out. I think I will demo these two ASAP with a view to buying. Seems like the system has just about everything. The amp even converts video sources to component.

I also like the look of the auto-setup system as I am not experienced enough to trust my own ears.

I have seen the AX10 for around £2000 which seems a storming bargain to me.

S

Did they mention anything about Pal Prgessive scan in the reviews? If not, does anyone have any info on this player being able to do it. I wonder if there is still a chroma bug???

Did they mention anything about Pal Prgessive scan in the reviews? If not, does anyone have any info on this player being able to do it. I wonder if there is still a chroma bug???

... which is a Sony/Pioneer firewire implementation ...

Acutally it's their "IEEE1394" implementation, FireWire is Apple's marketing name for it. ;)

No mention of PAL prog scan in the HFN review. But then this is a hi-fi mag and they were looking at the sound quality (DVD-A and SACD) of the kit, not the video quality.
The article does state that this form of transmission has now been approved by the appropriate industry governing body.
The mag refers to i-link as both IEEE-1394 and firewire, so the mistake is theirs. I did not know enough to argue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom