Pioneer 757ai- Wise move?

Gezmondo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,I'm new to this forum.

I recently sold my Pioneer 464 ( Homecinemaheaven) as it was generating a very slight green haze 2/3 s up the screen.I have a Panasonic 100hz 36" tv but without component sockets, currently using a Squart rgb cable.

My friend brought his 757 round for a demo and it seemed to play fine. . i couldn't see any of the green haze anyhow! I like the idea of SACD too. I have a Sony STR940 and TDL 3 speakers with Tannoy centre and JBL rears.

My question is- should i purchase a 757 for £439 from some company in Bolton or just get a non Pioneer dvd player for £200 or less? I play a lot of DVD-R's so a player that reads them would be essential.

Your help would be appreciated!

Gez.:rolleyes:

Direct Digital.

Read some bad reviews on their service though...

Gez.

To be honest mate i'd prob jump in car and go collect it this afternoon.

Have you the 757?

Gez.

sound and visions is only region 2 i think??????????

Yes i just rang them!

It states clearly on website too! i'm going blind!!!

Can't make my mind up.........

Hmmmm should i?:rolleyes:

Only got Panasonic 36" 100hz tv..no component sockets either. only using Squart lead.

The 565 suffers from the same green haze as the 464 that i had . i dont think i will get a better deal , my mate paid £600 for his, he's demo'd it on my system and it seems fine. gonna have a ride across the dales and get one i think...nowt else to do today!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Gez.:hiya:

BTW I read in these forums that DD is the internet branch of sound & vision.

Christ that was a windy trip!

Got my 757 from sound and vision. Very helpfull staff indeed, had to pick the player up from a warehouse a mile away but that was no problem, they had the player to me in a couple of minutes.

I will definitely recommend this company. Only problem i saw was at the warehouse a bloke from Hull had come to pick up a Denon player and they hadn't region hacked it. He was understandably well pist off. I would therefore get them to physically check any stock item if you are collecting from them.

Overall a good company to do business with.

Gez.:p

Originally posted by Docta teef
Dont think so they have two different shops

I very much doubt they are the same shop from what the salesman said!

Originally posted by Gezmondo
Christ that was a windy trip!

Got my 757 from sound and vision. Very helpfull staff indeed, had to pick the player up from a warehouse a mile away but that was no problem, they had the player to me in a couple of minutes.

I will definitely recommend this company. Only problem i saw was at the warehouse a bloke from Hull had come to pick up a Denon player and they hadn't region hacked it. He was understandably well pist off. I would therefore get them to physically check any stock item if you are collecting from them.

Overall a good company to do business with.

Gez.:p

I second the recomendation, I have bought a lot of kit from them as they are local to me and almost allways have stock when my credit card is itching ;)

Yeh the collection place is like Fort Knox!

Morning busterboy , hows your back this morning?

Need some SACD's now... Play.com?:smashin:

Originally posted by Gezmondo
Need some SACD's now... Play.com?:smashin:

Get yourself Dark Side of the Moon - cracking SACD - shows what high resolution surround sound is really capable of - amazing when you think it was recorded back in 1973!

Got my Pioneer 757 a few weeks back - very impressed.

Enjoy.

Matt.

That will be my first purchase!

Looked on Play.com.

Are there any other sites that sell Sacd's?

Gez. :smoke:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom