Pioneer 757ai vs denon 2900

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by durk, Jul 19, 2003.

1. durk

durk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im upgrading my dvd player soon! I know these players are very similarly spec'd & priced! But good old cd playback is important to me any opionions? or any info would appreciated such as if any player has known probs! i assume both these players will play dvd-r

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Pioneer is the most reliable player IMHO, outputs a lovely sound with SACD too. Terrible CD replay which really didn't impress me, but the picture is very respectable too.

Denon has the capacity to surpass it for performance - but there's already a fair number of picture niggles & firmware issues that people have experienced. However if you stick to PAL discs & don't feel the need to modify it for Multi-Region then I'd say it's the better of the two.
    Otherwise I'd recommend the Pioneer.

3. durk

durk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What sort of niggles? I have region 1 n 2 dvds! but i will be using RGB scart output! the denon seems like the kinda beast i want but cant b doing with to much agro!

4. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do a forum search - breakup in playback and rejecting to play some discs for example.

The problems with the 2900 post-multiregioning have been widely discussed already