Pioneer 757ai needs fixing - Help me

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Agisthos, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Agisthos

Agisthos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I imported this from the UK so it will cost me a packet to send it back it back and forth for fixing.

Can anybody point me to service manuals for this player or someone I can talk to?

The disc transport is making lots of noise when you open and close the tray. It sounds like it is dragging on something.

There is a knocking noise with some discs when you are in the menus of a dvd. But when you play the movie it goes away. go back to the menu and the noise is back. This is only with some discs, strange.

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772
    All the Pioneers I've seen have a noisy tray... a grindy sort of sound that makes you think its working really hard to move.
    I've had a Pio 737 for 3 years without any problems despite the noise... I think its normal.

My Pio (and other machines I've had) also makes an intermittent noise on some discs that sounds like its finding it an effort to read the disc. I'd describe it as being like a very small bicycle wheel freewheeling (sort of anyway).
    Again though, I think its normal.... particularly if its actually playing discs ok.

However, if its a really loud noise like something is banging against something else inside, then I'd investigate further.
    But to reasure you, my Pio makes a few strange noises and its been a very reliable workhorse.

Incidentally, it is quiet as a mouse playing CD's.

Jules

3. Agisthos

Agisthos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On 3 occasions the noise did get very loud like 'knock, knock, knock' but it went away.

Yes mine is quiet when playing cd's too.

Prehaps the 'searching' noise is only there when you present it with poorly presses dvd discs.

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    I had a 636 that was quite noisey when opening the tray and playing a lot of DVDs you could particularly hear it on the quiet sections of a movie. I now have the 757ai and i must say it is very quiet and i have had no knocking noises or anything no matter what disks i play. I would contact pioneer via email and ask them for their opinion.