1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 757AI DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by betamac, Sep 5, 2003.

1. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys had one of these on order for 1 month now with empire direct, whent with them as they had a buy now pay next year but the way its going it will be next year before i see it :) after phoning them today they had NO expected delivery date and even phonedPioneer who also had NO expected delivery date,

i am in a dilemma do i wait? do i got elsewhere? but the biggest thing is do i still get the 757AI as i have heard of a new range of Pioneer DVD players when are they due should i wait? i am though without a DVD player which i am really ****** about.

Any other stores do interest free finance on the net?

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Hi Mac,

You might as well see how good the new 868AVi is when it appears. Mmmm, HDMI and iLink. :smashin:

Steve

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any news on that player? also are we talking same price range as £600 was about as far as i could stretch my budget :)

4. mseabroo

mseabroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Well you can bet if its n ot in the same region that the price of the 757Ai will certainly drop.
    Oh and new players are due around November I think:hiya:

5. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OUCH! Novmber is such a long time away and i have so many DVDs to watch hmmm but if i did pay £600 for 757AI now then it drops i would be annoyed, or if the new much better model were the same price i would also be annoyed lol BUT if its much more exspensive and i cant afford it i would be annoyed at waiting :(

decision decisions

6. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Buy a cheapie player to tide you over and replace when the newer models become available. You could use the cheapie as a backup or use it in another room afterwards. (I'm assuming your dvdless at the mo)

7. HouseofMu

HouseofMu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    That Pioneer may be also be known as the Elite DV-59AVi

See press release here

n.

8. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That player wont be the 868AI model, the price is $1600 thats around £1000 if the 868AI is gona replace the 757AI the price will be around the same figure else it wont be a true replacement £1000 is in a different league altogether.

9. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    I was going to get a 757 or Denon 2900. I decided on a 565. Easier to spend 200 quid now and buy a newer player in a years time when the new fads hit the shelves (dvi, blue ray etc). Things are moving too fast for me, don't feel comfortable spending £700/800 now only for it to be selling for £300/£350 6 months down the line (Denon 2800 MkII etc)

Ordered mine from av-land. Got it the next day :) DVD-A, SACD, NTSC Prog scan. Only had it a few days but I'm mighty impressed so far.

10. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm, and i thought plasma buying was hard, this is worse :)
    i am definately willing to spend £600 on the 757AI as i know it will last me a good long time, i recently sold my Sony DVPS7700 for £300 and that lasted me a good 3 years,

but the only thing that stops me is not necesarily the better features but if the 757AI was to drop by say £100 and the 868AI was to launch at £600 - £650 i would be annoyed for not waiting, but as there is no news on this player whatsoever it makes the decision extremly hard

11. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Hi Mac,

The DV-668 and DV-868AVi are supposedly being released in Sweden this month, so I'm sure they'll be out in the UK fairly soon. I think the US Elite DV-58AVi will have the same spec as the 868AVi (apart from PAL compatibility) and that $1600 mentioned is only a suggested retail price - street price should be much lower. Hope this helps.

Steve

12. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i sure hope your right i have the Box Set of Indiana Jones arriving in November and i am gona need a decent DVD player to sit and watch all 3 films :)

I have decided to hang on for the 868AI hopefully no more than £650