Pioneer 757 Picture Settings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jon, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought the above player and am impressed with it. I havnt played with the settings too much as I havnt got a clue what i'm doing. I just have a set to Proffessional (Picture Settings) at the moment. If I use one of the custom setting can i significantly improve the picture? Any help on doing this would be very much apprecaited as I really dont have a clue! i have a toshiba 50wt29 RP TV connected via component cable, unfortunately the TV is not Progressive Scan.

Cheers

Jon

2. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on guys, anyone know where I can get some info on this please?

Cheers

Jon

3. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    To be honest, I've left everything 'flat', i.e, factory settings and have calibrated using screen adjustments (4-series Panasonic).

The only things I ever change relate to PS output only; occasionally I get combing with video-sourced PAL material in which case 'PureCinema' is set to 'off'.

Like you, I'm pleased with the picture I'm getting so haven't really felt the need to play. Is there a specific aspect of the picture that you feel needs improvement?
    You can always use one of the custom setting fields to have a play around with and go back to an 'unaltered' one for comparison.

If you make a change and that change results in the picture looking better to you, then it probably is.

4. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Nick! No there is no specific aspect I wanted to change, just seems like the features there for a reason and if I learnt how to use it I might be able to get the picture even better. I did have a play with the custom settings and it did make a difference, just not a positive one. I will carry on playing when i have the time. Cheers for your reply.

Cheers

Jon

5. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I think one thing to consider is that these parameters are probably adjustable on many players, it’s just that the user is not given the option to do so themselves from the set-up menu.
    Where it would be of use, is if you had more than 1 component sharing a single component video input on what ever display device you are using; being able to calibrate from the dvd player’s settings would give you more flexibility.

6. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Mate!