Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer 757 hi-bit and legato pro

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by juboy, Apr 10, 2003.

1. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my new player and wondered whether those who've had the 757ai a bit longer have any thoughts on the Legato Pro setting? I have it set to 'off' at the moment, anyone found it better on a particular setting?

Also, as the Pioneer 2011 amp does hi-bit upsampling, what happens if you use the DVD player's hi-bit function AND the one on the amp... or can you even do that?

Any experiences or suggestions appreciated.

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    In my opinion, it is extremely hard to feel the difference using Legato PRO. I keep it "Off". This filter affects mostly frequencies outside the audible range and it very much depends on the listening conditions. On the other hand I keep Hi-Bit "On". It does bring more detail of low-level sounds helping particularly when you play DVD at relatively low volume. I do not have the Pio amp and I cannot judge the Hi-Bit further. However I think the function will perform better if you do it through the player.