pioneer 757 ai..wants pal ,pro

andrew constant

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me where i can get my 757ai chiped to pal, progressive ,and is it worth it.

Don't have the details to hand, it's on the Pioneer website (or search this forum) the company doing the upgrades is sequoia techincal services.

When I did mine about a year ago it was 80 quid. If you can't find the details let me know and I'lldig them out at home.

Originally posted by andrew constant
can anyone tell me where i can get my 757ai chiped to pal, progressive ,and is it worth it.

Whether it's worth it or not very much depends on what display device you are using with the 757.

The 757 probably has superior I-P conversion than your PJ. Ask yourself how you rate the deinterlacing of the PJ compared to the 757 with NTSC material. If you prefer one over the other then you will get similar results with PAL. If you prefer the 757's I-P conversion then get it PAL prog updated.

I thought the Pio 757 comes as Pal progscan out of the box!! Is it not so?

Also you can buy it multiregion, right?

Yep the later one's were pal prog out the box, however if you bought an earlier model you had to have it modded for PAL prog.

Most dealers are selling them multi-region it's just a remote hack on a pronto (not hackable by it's own handset though).

phew, thanks slingshot. I was contemplating buying one of these to go with my 504 plasma and nearly fainted when I read they need to be chipped to output PAL progscan.

am i right in thinking that all i need do is find someone with a pronto remote and thats it. do you know what buttons to press by any chance. thanks:

I think it's a download of a Pronto setup file. Have a dig around on the net I've seen it somewhere. My dealer did it for free, afterall it's not costing them anything.

Some places seem to change 20 or 30 quid though.

been seaching the web without much luck if you could point me in the right direction it would be much welcome.

after looking at that i think ill pay someone to do it or not bother,thanks for your help but it still looked like typing out a telephone book.and even then im not sure its for pro scan and not multi region.

thanks for looking but both addresses you found are 4 multi-reigion and not 4 pal pro scan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom