Pioneer 747

Oasis-GasPanic

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could tell me if:

(a) There are any good "end of line" deals to be had on this player due to it being replaced very soon.

and

(b) Where the best (cheapest) place was to get a pal prog scan modded one of these was. (techtronics is a bit over the top if you ask me, 1026 odd quid)

Cheers,

Hi OnTheFly,
I've only had it up and running for a couple of days but so far 5.1 sound is much much better than my previous amp (Pioneer E07)-More detail & clairity. music (direct) sounds slightly "bright" for my liking but I'm sure after a couple of weeks of regular use this will sort it's self.

5/6/7.1 sound:10/10

Stereo Sound: 8/10 (I'm sure will get better)

Setup: 9/10

Ease of use: 10/10

Features: 10/10

Regards,

Originally posted by Oasis-GasPanic
Just wondering if anyone could tell me if:

(a) There are any good "end of line" deals to be had on this player due to it being replaced very soon.

and

(b) Where the best (cheapest) place was to get a pal prog scan modded one of these was. (techtronics is a bit over the top if you ask me, 1026 odd quid)

Cheers,

Try www.leconcepts.com I am not sure about the exact price but it is less than Techtronics.

Cheers infomatique,
I'll give them a try (don't think they do the pal prog scan mod though).

As far as the "switching" goes the only features that you might find useful are the A/B speaker switching (found on most AV amps) but more interestingly the front two speakers can be
Bi-Amped for a more "audiophile" sound.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Oasis-GasPanic
Cheers infomatique,
I'll give them a try (don't think they do the pal prog scan mod though).

Cheers,

Sorry! I thought that it was, but you are correct. The only other site that I have come across is www.dvdupgrade.ch.
Their PAL upgrade is supposed to be excellent. They ship VAT free to the UK. Their price is Euro 1333 including carriage (£840) but if you get stuck for UK VAT at the point of entry you would pay another £147 and say £25 additional handling charges ... worst case total being £1012 not much different to the Techtronics price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom