pioneer 747 stuck?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alex f, Oct 14, 2002.

1. alex f

alex f
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I have a Pioneer 747 DVD player which works great. Last night a mate came round with a copied film on DVD R, it played the menu for a second then jumped 70mins into the film and kept repeating like a loop of around four seconds. I turned it off and on again and it did the same thing again, back to looping for 4 secs.

I put the disc into my playstaion and guess what, it played fine but not on the 747. My mate thought it was really funny as the sony cost £150 and the 747 cost me £700 and doesn't play dvdR!!!!!!!

I have called Pioneer today but they have not returned my call yet.

HELP, I need to prove to my mate that the 747 was REALLY worth the money!!!!! Any ideas?????

Thanks

Alex:confused:

2. snyphr

snyphr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That may have been a one off.... Have you tried any other discs?

I know some PC burning progs. dont check for data integrity when they create the Video_ts/Audio_ts folders and that causes lots of fun stuff on standalones including recorders - even my DMR-E20 recorder that cost me a £1000 when it came out!!!

Sometimes also cheap media causes lots of fun...

On the note of pioneer replying :rolleyes: Did you really think they were going to return your call about a copied film?:D

3. alex f

alex f
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well they didn't reply (I should have known!). But whats the point in buying a 747 if it won't play a dvdr? Also, why do they sell dvd recorders if they won't reply to a question about copied dvd's or am i missing something?

I tried the same film but another copy on a better quality dvd and it does exactly the same thing at the same point. I really am a laughing stock because the chap that copied it has a £99 cyber thingy player and it works fine with the dvdr. Maybe I should send it back to Pioneer and ask them to supply their cheapest player as it might work better!

Any other ideas? Should I send it back or is this the norm for modern technology? I was also toying with the idea of buying the E20 or similar, are you saying that this problem may reoccur and is to be expected?

Many thanks

Alex

4. alex f

alex f
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, they did call me back!

It seems to be the copyright protection kicking in or the fact that it was copied from a PC which is not always the best way to do it.

Hmmm , does this sound true?

5. snyphr

snyphr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup ;), My discs of my Pana E20 work fine on other machines. PC ones sometimes go :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: