Pioneer 737

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by John F, Jul 29, 2001.

1. John F

John F
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    I am interested in this DVD player at present I have the Sony 725 Multi Region is this player going to be a step up or not the Sony is an excellent machine and I am pretty happy with it however I want something to go with my projector that I will be getting in the near future.

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Hi, I have a 737 and my friend has the 725. I think both are excellent machines but here lies the dilema, the 737 has far superior picture quality while 725 has the better sound system. So which one do you go for I hear you ask? This one is up to personal taste. Picture wise you will see the difference straight away, component outputs provide an A1 picture while the 725 looks very soft. The sound on the 725 sounds richer and provides better bass. So try and get a demo of the 737 and test it against your 725, its the only way to be sure. Personally if I was getting a Projector I would be looking at a HCPC.

3. Chris.Humphreys

Chris.Humphreys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 737 after changing from the Sony 735. I would say that the difference is incredible. The intro to the Mummy on the 737 is virtually 3D, the sound i excellent, in fact I was less than impressed with the sound on my 735. I don't have a projector but you should see huge advances using the component outputs and the progressive scan.

Have fun with it!!

4. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    buy a 737 it will be the best move you make in ages , i use one on my projector and it brought it back to life :)worth every penny
    i paid £550 from prc in the magazine ....
    http://www.ronin100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

5. jspone

jspone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 725 and a 737 (it's a long story). Anyway, I don't think the differnce in picture quality through RGB scart is that great. The 725 is perfectly adequate to for now, so my advice would be to hang on for a year or so. There will be far superior players available then.

John